Invega User Reviews

Invega - User Reviews

Invega User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Invega sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 26

Invega helped me tremendously. I have been taking meds for almost four years, and up until I started taking Invega I felt tired, exhausted, no will to even do anything in the morning what-so-ever. I'm bipolar first degree, yeaaa, I have been dealing with all of the crap that goes with it, and this pill helped alot. It's not a miracle pill, most of the mind stuff you got to do yourself, but it does help. Keep the faith.

Comment from: Jill S., 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 18

I have been on Invega 6mg for over 2 1/2 years. I was diagnosed with Bipolar when I was 18 and am now 26. Over the period of 6 years I went through over 10 meds that didn't work. Invega is a miracle to me. I have not gained weight, in fact I have lost weight after being on Zyprexa. I do have raised prolactin levels and don't menstrate, but my mood is stable and I have not had an episode on over 2 years. This drug has worked for me and even with the side effects I will continue to take it.

Related Reading: Zyprexa

Comment from: jen, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I have been on this medication for over 5 months and I have gained 40lbs and know its from the medication.It does work for my condition but I can't take the weight gain and I have hypothyroid also so it makes it much worse. I have tryed dieting and exercise but it is not working.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 08

Because of drug abuse as a teen I developed audio hallucinations. I was put on a drug called Serentil and was on it for over 25 years. I took 50mg per day. I was fine all my adult life then they stopped making the drug. I tried everything-Geodon-Seroquel-Resperdal-Melleril and others. Nothing worked. Finally I changed docs and he put me on Invega-3mg-didn't work then 6mg-better but still not the best then 9mg-great. No more voices and I don't have any side effects. Only problem is over the 3 years of trying different meds I developed constant anxiety. My doc put me on Xanax ER. Which may not be the best for someone who used to use drugs but, I haven't used since age 20 and I'm 47 now. No side effects with Xanax ER either. And I still have slight anxiety but, I live with it. As for the weight gain on Invega I don't have it but, I have a very physical job so that may have something to do with it. I also tried Depakote and gained 25# in 2 months. The most important thing is no voices and I can live a "normal" life. After 3 years of trying Thank God for Invega.

Related Reading: drug abuse | Seroquel | anxiety

Comment from: hypersad, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

It took effect rather quickly; I noticed changes in my attitude within a week. I was more positive and upbeat. However the draw backs are that the effects seem to taper off QUICKLY at the end of the night, which works out because it seems to make me very tired at night. Also I have noticed that I am very thirsty and rather cold(temp sensitive now) almost all the time. So I need to carry around a bottle of water and wear long underwear, and wrap up in blankets/sit near space heaters more often.

Comment from: debbie303, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

How wonderful a drug that works so well. I felt, if I may use the word, NORMAL!!! My children and my husband are also excited to see such a change. I just wish it was not so expensive.

Comment from: spanky, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

The cost of this medication is very hard for people to pay for. The drug has lessened some of the symptoms of Bipolar1 with pychosis.

Comment from: Psychochild, 7-12 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 15

My daughter has been moody and anything would set her into a 3-4 hr long crying/screaming FIT! Since her Psychiatrist put her on this..it has been heaven! She smiles, is a happy, go lucky child like she should be!

Comment from: thebleuest1, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

Invega (3 mgs.) has flattened the affect of my amplified emotions, stopped my crying spells, & the severe depression & rages from Bipolar Disorder II. I am very satisfied with this drug, & am tolerating it well, with the exception of weight gain. I'm dieting & exercising, but have already gained 5 lbs. in two weeks, the one side effect I won't withstand. If anyone knows if this will subside with time or my body's adjusting, please respond here. I will follow up for you, too.

Related Reading: depression | Bipolar Disorder