Isentress User Reviews

Isentress - User Reviews

Isentress User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Isentress sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LUCKYONE, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I HAVE JUST STARTED TAKING INSENTRESS 5 DAYS AGO. I WILL NOT KNOW THE EFFECTS ON MY NUMBERS TILL I GO FOR LABS IN 30 DAYS. I DID NOT READ ANY SIDE EFFECT UNTIL DAY 5. I HAVE BEEN HAVING VERY STRANGE DREAMS. VIVID,AND DISTURBING. DRY MOUTH, FEEL HUNGRY BUT DO'T FEEL LIKE EATING, AND TIRED MORE THAN I AM ALREADY WITH MY DEPRESSION I HAVE ADD, SO ANY JITTERY FEELINGS OR ANXIETY, I MAY NOT FEEL AS MUCH FROM THIS MED. THE REASON I STARTED THIS NEW REGEMENT WAS BECAUSE I COULD NOT SWALLOW THE NORVIR PILL. I HAVE BEEN DEALING DEPRESISON FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS. I LIKE THE FACT I ONLY TAKE 2 HIV PILLS IN THE MORNING AND 1 AT NIGHT. ISENTRESS IS AM/PM. OVERALL USE CONVIENTANT. GAVE A LOW SCORE FOR EFFECTIVENESS ONLY BECAUSE HAVE NOT DONE LAB WORK YET. I'M SURE IT WILL BE GOOD. MY NUMBERS CURRENTLY ARE 450 FOR T-CELLS, AND 20,000 FOR VIRAL. BEEN HIV SINCE 1986. I'VE BEEN ON A DRUG VACATION FOR 10 YEARS, AND JUST DECIDED WITH MY DR.'S INPUT OF STARTED AGAIN AS OF SEPT. 09, WITH NORVIR, PLU OTHERS. I HOPE I CAN STAY ON THIS ONE AND IT GIVE ME RESULTS.

Related Reading: DRY MOUTH | ANXIETY

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 24

I started taking this medicine about a year ago. I am on combination of Intelence, insentress, norvir, and lexiva. I am having the typical side effects: trouble sleeping, sometimes go into deep long sleeps, itching skin. But this has been best this combination I've used and I've tried so many drugs and couldn't take them. My t-cell count has increased signficantly, and I have remained undetachable. It's working great so I am enduring any of the side effects. I am just thankful for solid numbers.

Related Reading: Intelence | lexiva | itching

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 06

I have been on Isentress with no side effects and I feel great! I have energy to do my daily tasks, I sleep very well and awake refreshed. The fact that I take it twice a day and if I miss my am dose I can double it with the pm makes this a God send for me.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

I was fatally allergic, broke down my immune system, and almost died twice from horrible case of PCP. I had been asynptomatic for 23 years with great counts, t-cells up near 800,etc. This med almost kiked me.My Dr. did no tests before or monitoring after.I am allergic to pennicilin family.72 days in hospital, and I have three more weeks of rehab as I lost 55 pounds, and the ability to do anything for myself.................................

Comment from: John, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 12

after starting Isentress 3-4 dys. started to become itchy, went to clinic, my Dr. was away, had told a nurse problem. He came back with a Dr. & a pharmacist. Dr.stated this wasn't possible, pharmacist stated it was a problem, started me on Hydroxyzine 25mg.2tabs2xdy.when my Dr. returned he & pharmacist placed me on Loratadine 10mg.1 tab am. Then was sent to a allergist, placed on Singular,Gabapentin,Ketotifen.Then removed from drugs placed me on Ketotifen 1mg. 2tabs2xdy.on Mar. 9 2010 to go back on Apr.16/10. Itching has decreased but extremely worse in am when I wake up.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 23

stomach cramps and constipation

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: yiyo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

So far the medication has worked and the virus is not detectable.

Comment from: Newb, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 29

I have no other medications to compare this one to. It amazes me that there are some docs that don't do their homework. I have had HORRIBLE insomnia. Fortunetly, Tylenol PM helps about 80%. Have an appt next with a NEW (3rd) ID doctor and will request a stronger sleeping aid. My sleep is far to too crucial to me. I also find taking this drug at dinner time or as early in the evening around 5 or 6 helps to sleep better too.

Related Reading: Tylenol

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.