Janumet User Reviews

Janumet - User Reviews

Janumet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Janumet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 20

I drop my Ac1 lower by .4 pts with a weight loss of about 24 pounds. I had some high daily sugar levels for about 5 to 6 weeks, then it start work well and some appetite loss and less cravings of rich foods, but I did increase my vegetable and fruit intake.

Comment from: cokelvrdebbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 01

My only complaint is the size of the pill, I have trouble swallowing it. Have lost 30 lbs., don't crave chocolate/sweets much any more, actually don't crave food much in general. Sugar is down to normal range, which was the main reason for taking it.

Comment from: Jumbo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

I was switcheg from Metaformin to Janumet for better sugar control. It is working better for Glucose Control but it has created severe itching and allergic reaction on my skin.It does create a greater shortness of breath that Metaformin did.

Related Reading: Janumet | itching

Comment from: M. JONES, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

lOST WEIGHT AND FEEL MUCH BETTER, ALSO NO SWELLING IN MY HANDS AND FEET. I WAS TAKING AVANDIAMET BEFORE. MY BLOOD COUNT IS ALSO DOWN.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 29

My Blood Glucose levels had started to rise when I only taking Metformen. My doctor switched me to Janumet, what a wonderful change. My A1c is now below 7 (6.7) at last testing. I have found that if you take this drug with food, it works far better than just taking it on an empty stomach.

Comment from: luvs disney, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been on janumet for 5 mos. I am guilty of not taking meds as described, but since being on the janumet sugar levels are coming down and ac1 is getting lower. I had to learn how to take the janumet. I can't take on an empty stomach and I have to eat within 10 minutes of taking this drug. I no longer have muscle problems associated with diabetes, my vision has cleared up and I am a lot more energetic and I have had some weight loss.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

Newly diagnosed, my sugar counts were "OFF" the scale, yes I mean "OFF" the scale. At first I was taking Mel.(?) alone, did not help. Dr. put me on Janumet. Along with diet, exercise and meds, my sugars went down to below 100's in two weeks and are staying there. We are working on "weaning" off the meds slowly. I am not a person that likes to take meds. I had and still occasionally get the usual diarrhea and cramping. All that I can suggest is go see a dietician and exercise if you want to beat this. It does work but requires dedication from yourself.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: nugen, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have just started taking Janumet. After about 24 hours my fasting blood sugar went from about 170 to 90. The difference was amazing. Insulin resistance seems to go away almost immediately with Janumet. I am impressed so far.

Related Reading: Insulin resistance

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been taking janumet for about a month. My average fasting blood sugar has also risen by approximately 40 to 50 points. I do believe a slight weight loss has begun due to not processing as much blood sugar into unneeded energy and eventually fat. To counter this, I have upped my intake of a supplement called Super Citrimax which contains niacin bound chromium. While this supplement is by no means a cure-all, it has helped me. I had been on Avandia, have no signs of heart disease, but my doctor switched me to Janumet because he felt it to be "something stronger". At my next appointment, perhaps sooner, I am going to ask to switch back to Avandia because it works better for me.

Related Reading: Avandia | heart disease