Janumet User Reviews

Janumet - User Reviews

Janumet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Janumet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: HB38GA, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

WAS TAKING 1000MG METFORMIN TWICE DAILY, CHANGED TO JANUMET 50/1000 IN AM AND 1000MG OF METFORMIN IN PM, MY A1C DROPPED FROM 7.1 TO 5.7 AFTER 2 MONTHS, WILL WATCH FOR SIDE EFFECTS AND COMMENT LATER,ALTHOUGH I DO FEEL BETTER

Comment from: jute108, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 29

Finally I have no swelling in my feet or hands and am losing much needed weight. and am starting to get my energy back.

Comment from: Gamesmasterz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 29

My blood sugar went from the high 100's to between 75 and 95 all the time with this drug. The only problem i have had was you should be pretty close to a bathroom IF YOU DON'T EAT RIGHT ie: too many carbs. I have had no headaches, nausea, or any other of the potential side effects. It works great.

Comment from: sandra, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

Lost 20 pounds in 4 months. A1C from 8.7 to 6.4. in the first 3 months. Energetic . Acute Gastrointestinal side effect if I eat large amounts of food or outside the recommended scope.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

It is a one pill a day regimen so it is very easy to take. I've had no side effects and my blood sugar has come down into normal limits.

Comment from: John Hanson, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

Was on Insulin for almost five years; finally referred to endocrinologist, following batter of test prescribed Janumet; it changed my life. Few side effects, best decision of my life; controlled sugars, weight loss; feel 100% better!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

i accidentally learned that i was diabetic, i started having symptoms, and my dad(diabetic) said let me check you--well 522! went to docs 2 days later and she started me on the Janumet. its been a week and im down to the 130-150's(that includes fasting counts) So I am overal happy with the results after just a week. Side effects ive experienced-stomach pains, diarhea, nasueas, eye focusing issues(blurry things). But being my sugar is down, i do have more energy back!! :)

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 15

Originally used metformin alone. That wasn't working well. Changed to janumet and my blood sugar levels have remained at a steadier rate. Haven't had any side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

Amazing!! Lost 15 lbs in the first 2 months on Janumet alone! Metabolism is working better with increased energy, plus no side effects. My blood sugar is also back in the normal range!

BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS HIGHER BY AT LEAST 50 AFTER 12 HOUR FAST.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 08

After switching from Avandamet to Janumet, continuous hunger went away, and I've lost 80 pounds with no other changes in meds! This drug is very expensive, but works.

Related Reading: Avandamet

Comment from: Ramadan, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 12

I was diagnosed and placed on Metformin 2X1000mg.daily approx. 1 yr. ago which was erratic in controling my blood sugar level it was replaced with this med. which I have been taking for 2 days to date and I've experienced immed. results.Presently, although I've experienced initially a slight itchy sensation,which have dramatically subsided,I've recordedconsistently lower readingssince. I feel more alertness,energy and general overall wellness then I felt since prior to diagnosis and during Metformin treatment alone.Although I'm due for a A1C comparison test in Dec. thus far I believe and am very hopeful of this drug promise of a lower level from my now 8.7. NOTE:Also, prescribed inconjunction with this med. will be Duetact which I'll start today.Coupled with these two and with proper eating and moderate exercise I see a future of averting insulin dependency. Look for another evaluation from me in approx.3-4 weeks or sooner if unanticipated effects occur.

Related Reading: Duetact