Kadian User Reviews

Kadian - User Reviews

Kadian User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kadian sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

this medicine has worked very well for my back pain and muscle pain my pain was unbarable and disabling now im able to live a more productive life if you plan on taking this medicine keep it in your system as directed by the doctor and dont wait an extra 5 or 6 hours after the last 12 hour dose take it as directed

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: isabel, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I was prescribed Kadian about a year ago after suffering for more than 5 years of neck pain caused by a car accident. I feel this is one of the best most effective pain medications any drug company has come up with so far. I was amazed at the pain relief I've gotten from it with the only noticable side effect being constipation. I went to the Kadian website and they sent me a card that allows me to get Kadian from my pharmacy free of charge when combined with my health insurance coverage. It's definately worth the time to go to their website and see if you can get the same deal. Before it was costing me over $100.00 a month Yikes!!

Related Reading: Kadian | neck pain | constipation

Comment from: De911ems, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

I am 37y/o f, and I was diagnoised with reflex sympethetic dystrophy Jan 2006, I have been on this med for 4 months 100mg 2x daily, along with 15mg immediate release morphine 2x daily or when needed, along with an antidepressent, anti-anxiety, and adderall. doing okay, I can at least get up and can walk, and go to the store, but I dont lead a normal life . The Kadian is a life saver, when I feel the sharp pain, fire that just wont stop and You really wish You could cut Your leg off, it really saved Me. Im not as depressed from the pain, and not as mean also from the pain. Thanks Hope this helps someone...

Related Reading: anxiety | adderall

Comment from: srballantyne, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 21

After years of trigger point injections and cerbrospinal steroid injections, I continued to have severe pain from a damaged nerve casued by a collapse of c6-c7. The nerve pain radiated over my left shoulder and down into my fingers. My life became all about my pain and it was difficult to focus on other important things in my life. The pain clinic that I was seeing put me on methadone for several years which helped a great deal until I became to tolerant to that medication. My doctor suggested the new drug Kadian a time release morphine and now I take one 30mg tab in the morning and 1 at night. My pain is pushed back into the back of my mind and I have been able to resume a normal life. I am an avid sailor and enjoy outdoor activities and yard work. I am a big fan of kadian and have been able to allow my primary care doctor to take over my pain management because I am now stable.

Related Reading: pain management

Comment from: hogeth, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 30

I have been on Kadian for six years for chronic back pain. Pain relief has been somewhat satisfactory in the begining but seemed to become less affective as time went on. The biggest problem I experienced the last couple of years was severe constipation. This coupled with the loss of effectivness has forced my Dr. to find an alternative.

Comment from: bjdrich, 45-54 Female Published: January 26

My pain "doctor", if you want to call him that, has no concept of what cancer pain can be like. I do not recommend Kadian as a chronic pain reliever to a real, real pain patient. Kadian is just something a pharmacy company is making money off of, they must put in nicotine just to addict you because the pain is still present unless you use a good "breakthrough" pain reliever.

Related Reading: cancer pain | chronic pain | nicotine

Comment from: jewel, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 03

Have been on Kadian for about 30 days... it works great! I have to still use Norco for breakthrough pain 4 times a day, but now I do not wake up each day in pain. I take it about 5 pm each day 50 mg. It really has made a big difference. I was also having problems with restless legs, but havent had any problems with that since I have been on Kadian. Great product!

Related Reading: Norco