Kadian User Reviews

Kadian - User Reviews

Kadian User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kadian sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lynn/RN, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

THIS MEDICINE GAVE ME BACK MY LIFE-Prior to this medication I walked with Canadian Crutches-spent 20 hours a day in bed racked with pain..I had no life-I had tried everyother pain med even ms contin and duragesic--After one month on this medicine-I am able to walk without difficulty-I have lost weight(much needed) can dress myself etc..I even wrote the company to THANK them for making this medicine-my pain is still there just stays at a consistant level and it a 6 instead of a +10 because it is time released.Please try this if you have pain and all else has failed.I had almost given up hope of ever having a normal life.Side effects for me are constipation-insomnia-weight-loss-well worth it.I am a RN and wow I am ashamed of the way the medical communty responds or should I say doesn't respond to chronic pain patients, PAIN MANAGEMENT CLINICS ARE A MUST.Even then I had to go to 3 different ones to find a Doctor who was educated in treating my condition.

Related Reading: duragesic | insomnia

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 09

After 4 years of pain Kadian has given my husband a better life. Even though he has been on the medicine only a short time. Other than some problems with his memory he is feeling better. If you are ever in doubt ask your doctor to give more info. This medicine CANNOT be taken with several other medicines.

Comment from: Iris, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 23

I am not a user of this medication but I felt it important to make a statement as my girlfriend was prescribed this medication for chronic pain. After three weeks on this prescription she died in her sleep. Her drs. and husband said she went into respiratory arrest which both feels may have been a direct result of this drug. She had tried numerous other pain medications and felt this was the one that finally took her pain away but it may have also taken her life. As she was on other meds it is hard to say for sure but being that she was only on this one for a short time her husband truly believes this is was caused her death. Please be careful, my friend was a beautiful, kind and much loved person who died long before her time. She will be missed terribly.

Comment from: Chefbartus@peoplepc.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 16

Only Problem I have come across is that you can not discontinue this medicine whithout feeling a nacotic withdraw

Comment from: marycc, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

After getting uneven and insufficient relief with hydrocodone for my lower back pain and sciatica due ostensibly to a herniated disc, the pain clinic I visit put me on 30 mg. once a day of Kadian. I had instant relief, and it has continued for 3 months. I've had such complete relief I am thinking of asking to have the dosage reduced, as I am experienceing excessive drowsiness.

Related Reading: lower back pain | sciatica | herniated disc

Comment from: coyote, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 28

I am a 42y/o f I was told I had reflex sympathetic dystrophy in 1994. I have taken many different drugs trying to help with the pain. It wasn't until my doctor put me on this drug 7 yrs ago that I was able to get some relief. I was very happy with it until about a year ago when I became immune to its affects. I would recommend this drug to anyone with reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Hopefully this helps someone else with this debilitating disease.

Comment from: sdm41557, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 16

I was hit by a SUV severely injuring my back, rt knee & hip tried PT, Epidurals nothing worked ,,I was basically bedridden, I started with a pain management specialist who started me on Kadian, I now take 180 mg per day and I am able to function to the point that I am no longer bedridden and I can take walks using a cane..I had to go off this med for heart surgery last month, did it alone ..4 days of hell but I made it ...now I am ready to start my Kadian again and I have no worries that if needed I can get off this medication with a little work...for me the trade off of being addicted to this medication and being able to somewhat function in life or to be bedridden for the rest of my life without the meds..well the gains far outweigh the losses. Kadian works for me

Comment from: Willi bill, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 27

Man, This stuff works, i have used oxy's, but thet are so addective, and mess with head.Kadian takes care of most of my pain ,and I have a clear head, and can work and think steraghit.I have been in chronic back and neck pain form auto accident,s and neck sergery 30 years ago. The best thing is it does not alter my mential state, THANK You kadian for giving me back my life.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain