Kadian User Reviews

Kadian - User Reviews

Kadian User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kadian sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rookie205, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 21

I take 30 mgs twice daily with percocet for break through pain. It maintains just great. Been taking it for two years. Once I tried to not take it since I felt "all better" that's when I knew just how much this drug does for my comfort. However I still have not been able to stop the chronic constipation.

Related Reading: percocet

Comment from: lolly808, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 09

I was taking 4 Norcos per day and not getting very good pain relief. Switched to Kadian and its a Godsend. Had to adjust dosage to find the right one. Started at 30, went to 60, went to 100, then down finally to 80mg. I take one pill at night. I do get vivid dreams though. Wow! I usually take maybe one Norco per day for BT pain. I take magnesium to deal with the constipation. All in all, I am sooo happy with the Kadian.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 11

Hurneated discs and nerve damage, constant pain. I was put on this due to an insurance problem, this was covered. It did not handle the pain well at all, though could have been due to the doctor not monitoring the pain levels and switching from oxycontin to this, failing to match dosages. 30mg twice a day. I became extremely violent, to the point I called my family doctor to help get me off of it since my pain management doctor told me to deal with it. Called my family doc, then proceeded to scream at the secretary because she did not understand me. I became a monster. It also didn't deal with my pain levels well. As I said, this may be due to the doctor not modifying the dose as needed and so my expirience could be due to a withdrawl/acclimation period.(he was a bad doctor, I was worried about switching meds, and he told me to take what he prescribed or suffer withdrawl, then walked out) I became a monster. I've been on IV morphine before and had absolutely no problems. I also became extremely sleepy, I believe I slept for 18 hours several times while taking this meds. As one review said, if you have a mood inbalance, use with caution, if you notice you are becoming extremely violent and irritable, contact your doctor immediately.

Related Reading: oxycontin

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I TAKE 2X30MGS IN MORNING AND 30MGS AT NIGHT WORKS WELL. I CAN SLEEP THRU NIGHT MOST NIGHTS. I SUFFER FRON AVASCULAR NERCROSIS AND I ALSO TAKE OXYCODONE FOR BREAKTHRU PAIN,I HAVE A GOOD DOC WHO REALLY UNDERSTAND CRONIC SEVERE PAIN AND HOW IT AFFECTS DAILY LIFE .I COULD NOT LIVE LIFE AND WALK WITH OUT MEDS

Comment from: Neegan Peter, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 23

A severe car wreck in 1978 left me with 26 fractures plus a crushed pelvis. They couldn't put humpty back together again and I have lived with severe chronic pain since. Getting help with pain in the 70s and 80s was nonexistant. Finally in 1988 the Mayo clinic put me in their pain clinic. My local pain clinic, after trying nummerous meds and trigger point injections etc. They finally started me on narcotics. Now, I take Kadian 200mg per day. Some days it helps other days it doesn't. I also take 10/325 hydrocodone up to 5 per day. I have learned to deal with the constipation by taking 2 Colace stool softeners in the morning with the Kadian and two before going to bed. I also eat fruit 3 times a day. Mostly small servings of raisins, or dark grapes but blueberries and raspberries in season. I also put wheat bran in my morning oatmeal. My Dr. gave me a plastic card that give me $50 off per each prescription. I need two prescriptions each month costing me nearly $300 and I can't afford it much longer. I need to increase my dosage approx. every 12 to 14 months as it becomes less and less effective as my body becomes used to the drug. I don't know what comes next after my tolerence level has reached the point where Kadian no longer works.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I suffer from Lupus Fibromyalgia, several spinal fusions, arthritis, this is the only medication that gives me complete relief, it has been a life saver, I feel like I can live a near normal life, no pain would be best, however this has made life a whole lot easier, I have been taking kadian for two years and would not use anything else.

Related Reading: Lupus | Fibromyalgia | arthritis

Comment from: Lana, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 02

I've used Kadian for fibromyalgia for several years, with good results. I have also used other extended relief morphine meds(Avinza, Embeda,). It seems about the same as the other brands. However, when I was briefly changed to Opana(a different opioid),It was so awful, I only made it a few days and had to go back on the morphine. It seems that the body goes through a wash-out phase(the Dr explained)when the old medicine is getting out of your system and the new one isn't really working yet. I have never felt so awful! I'm sure that going off this med would be terrible (the withdrawal)but it is a life saver for me. I'm able to work,run my business, volunteer with animal rescues,garden,etc. I DO get very tired from being so active,and I never sleep well or enough, it seems. I don't think the sleep issue is related because I've had insomnia for so long. I would recommend this med if you need something every day for chronic pain and want to live a fairly normal life. Side effects,like sleepiness,constipation usually go away for the most part. I do sometimes take another med for break-through pain(Nucynta)which is also an opioid. It is also helpful for pain. If other meds haven't helped severe or chronic pain, I would recommend Kadian. I use 100mg twice a day.

Related Reading: Avinza | Embeda | Opana