Kaletra Capsules User Reviews

Kaletra Capsules - User Reviews

Kaletra Capsules User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kaletra Capsules sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

The effects of this drug seem to greatly outway the documented side effects (nausea, diarhea, etc). My results of using this Protease inhibitor along with an anti-retro-viral (Truvada) has been very satifactory. Controling HIV/AIDS.... I am however concerned with the undocumented or unknown side effects... I have witnessed, endevoured & heard of several cases inwhich people expierencing extreme metabolic changes; swelling; adema; anemia; and several other undocumented yet serious side effects that have been passed off as unrelated to Kaletra, but yet always seem to follow within the 1st 90days of initial dispensing of this Drug... My overal experience is satisfactory, for the treatment, but skeptical of the documented effects

Related Reading: Truvada | anemia

Comment from: adjacent21, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I have been taking Kaletra/Combivar for the last 5 years and have never had any problems. I have been undetectable the entire time.

Comment from: just me, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 24

I have been taking this drug since late 2000 combined with Sustiva and Viread and been undetectable all that time and had a very high CD4 count and high CD4% previously I was taking combivor and Sustiva the combivor had to be changed because it caused muscle depletion I cannot remember the medical term.Like the other person that mentioned cost I really do wish that it did not cost so much as I have medicare D insurance and the copay is out of this world.

Related Reading: Sustiva | Viread

Comment from: A Texas Person, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 07

I now have necrosis of both hips and it is not known if the Kaletra might have had something to do with it. Also it has caused me to get fat deposits and makes it much harder to loose weight.

Comment from: lexan-rex, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 28

I have been taking this drug in combination with Viread and Sustiva since 2002. I was very satisfied with results ( greatly improved CD4 count, undetectable Viral load - until very recently when I began to experience kidney function problems ( high creatinine levels ) which my renal specialist is saying is related to the HIV drug cocktail, and that I am not her 1st patient to see this effect with long term use - so I guess USER BEWARE potential effects. Also have seen the weight gain others have commented on.....

Comment from: southern FL, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

Had been on Kaletra and Truvada combo for 6 years. Minus gastro problems it worked well. My Cholesterol has been rising slowly and recently and my dr decided to switch me to Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada.

Related Reading: Cholesterol | Reyataz | Norvir

Comment from: sad, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 14

my issue is the expense. with everything rising i struggle to pay me copay. is there any assistance?

Comment from: HAPPY 2 B ALIVE, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 23

I FIRST STARTED ON KALETRA BEFORE IT WAS APPROVED BY THE FDA, ON CLINICAL TRIALS. MY VIRAL LOAD BEFORE KALETRA WAS SUPER HIGH AND I WAS SICK ALL THE TIME. THE TRIAL WAS A LAST DITCH EFFORT TO SAVE MY LIFE. WITH IN 3-4 MONTHS I WAS UNDETECTABLE AND STILL REMAIN SO AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. I STILL WORK FULL TIME, (40-50 HOURS A WEEK). BEST OF ALL, I HAVE HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS WITH KALETRA. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE LONG TERM POSSIBLE EFFECTS IN THE FUTURE. I SUGGEST EVERYONE TO TRY KALETRA. IT WORKS FOR ME AND IT WORKS FOR MY PARTNER OF 13 YEARS AS WELL. WE BOTH TAKE KALETRA WITH TRUVADA. CD4 NUMBERS ARE TOTALLY NORMAL.

Comment from: ut1ou2, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 14

taking kaletra,viread,and ziagen for 5 years. only problems-kaletra causes high cholesterol-so taking pravasatin. the 4 pills are large and nto easy to swallow. undetectible and incredible CD4 counts for over 5 years. no nausea with kaletra for me.

Related Reading: ziagen

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 20

what are the possible side effects with anesthesia

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 28

Some nausea in the first month, which decreased with time. Works when other meds have failed...been taking it for 2+ years, with no signs of drug restistance.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.