Kariva User Reviews

Kariva - User Reviews

Kariva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kariva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Emma, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 24

I have been on Kariva for 6 months. I was on Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo before but due to price I switched to Kariva. Since I switched, I have experienced severe mood swings, start crying about nothing and can't seem to stop. I'm not finishing the pack I'm on because the mood swings are causing so many problems with my friends and family that I can't let these hormones rule my life anymore. For birth control, it has been effective. My period is no heavier or lighter than it used to be. I experience no more or fewer cramps than I used to. No weight gain or acne problems for me either. But because of the havoc the mood swings have caused on my personal life I can't stay on this medication any longer.

Related Reading: Kariva | birth control | acne

Comment from: HappyMom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

I was on Kariva for about 3 years before I stopped using it to get pregnant. During these 3 years, I went through major anxiety and mood swings. My doctor did not suggest that the BC could be causing these effects on me. I went through anxiety medications and therapy to cope with the effects. I never thought that this BC could have been causing these effects. After having my child, I was put back on Kariva and did some research on it. I noticed that some women were experiencing anxiety and very bad mood swings. I decided to give it a try again anyways. I was on it for a month and the anxiety came back and the mood swings were unbearable. So, I would not recommend this BC for anyone. I have stopped using it and am back to my old self again. I just wished that I would have known that Kariva was causing these effects to me 3 years ago. Life would have been easier and I would have saved a lot of money!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 08

I have had a good experience with this medication and I have tried many different types of birth control such as Depo-provera (the shot), seasonique (then was seasonelle), ortho-evra patch, and several different versions of ortho pills. I've had a light, short period, very little PMS, very little cramping. The longer you take it the better it works and the less symptoms I've had.

Related Reading: provera | seasonique

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been on this med for a year now. I must say I will not be on it ever again. My doc like to keep me on ortho lo, but we switched to kariva due to price. Well, I think I will pay the extra money now for Ortho lo because Kariva gives me the worst cramps, I'm very moody and I have breakthrough bleeding. Plus my sex drive has completely disappeared. I would not recommend these pills to anyone.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 09

No negative side effects except a slightly increased tendency towards mood swings (I become weepy easily), and a *higher* libido than before. I love Kariva; it's been great for me.

Comment from: Amy, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 26

Although my skin is clear and I am not pregnant, I have been having headaches and extreme mood swings daily. I also have gained weight, and feel very tired all the time. I have a decreased desire for sex and frankly feel too tired even if I did want too!

Comment from: mnb123rso, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I am really upset about using this birth control.First of all, it is my first time to use bc and I was happy to be on it so i dont have to worry about having any babies atleast for right now.. and about 2 weeks to a month into it I was having horrible mood swings. My poor boyfriend was afraid to even speak. If he sat in the chair the wrong way I would get so frustrated with him. NO JOKE. Secondly, I have gained probably 15lbs in the last 3 months. I stopped taking kariva because I plan on going back to the doctor to see about a shot. I also got headaches real bad.My boyfriend and I are doing alot better especially since I got off kariva

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 30

I was originally on Yasmin, which caused me to have irregular periods. Then I took Kariva and was so happy. I didn't have any of the major side effects. Then my pharmacy changed me to Azurette, which is horrible. My cramps are worse. I'm having breakthrough bleeding for the first time ever. I wish I could go back on Kariva.

Related Reading: Yasmin