Kariva User Reviews

Kariva - User Reviews

Kariva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kariva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 04

My sex drive has been reduced, just like most birth controls cause, but the last pill I was on gave me high blood pressure. I've been doing great with this one.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Pauyo, 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I'm always hungry due to the increase of estrogen, since I have starting taking this medication I have constant cravings and as a result have gained nearly 10 pounds.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

I love kariva and have taken it for years with very little side effects compared to its generic version viorele which had terrible weight gain, mood swings and needed more sleep. No matter what your doctor or pharmasist says they are not the same drug and have very different results!!!

Related Reading: viorele | sleep

Comment from: mariab, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: August 01

I have been on and off of Mircette/Kariva since I was 20 (now 29); most recently I took it for about 5 years without stopping). I found that it cleared up my skin and that it made it pretty easy for me to maintain a healthy weight. Periods were 3-4 days and usually light. In the past 3-5 years I have struggled more and more with anxiety and irritability, and somewhat low sex drive; this may have more to do with being in a PhD program among other stressors than anything else, but I've also wondered whether some of it had to do with the pill given that my levels of anxiety and irritability vary throughout the month. My NP suggested that I try a different pill for a couple of months, and so now I'm giving Lessina a try.

Related Reading: Mircette

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I went on this pill to help with my acne, cramps, and heavy flow. I haven't even made it to week four and I'm stopping because my face is worse than it has ever been. I now have over fifty zits (usually I have about five) and I have zero self confidence anymore. I hate leaving my house and no matter how much I wash my face or put on acne medication every morning I wake up with more acne. Also I am crying constantly over things like someone leaving the tv which is frustrating and I have had extremely sore breast. For me this birth control was the worst experience ever and I am going off of it now and hoping my side effects will go away soon because I am miserable.

Comment from: Anniefny, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been very satisfied with Kariva. I've been taking it for about 7 years now. It got rid of my migranes, cramping and other pms issues. It also reduces my period to only once a year for about a week. I haven't really had any spotting in between my yearly periods. I can deal with that!

Comment from: ashton, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 29

I have been taking the medication for a while now. I love it. I had once switched to another b/c but was asked to be put back on Kariva. I love the fact that I have not experienced negative psychological side effects. I do have more pain when I am menstrating and my legs ache, but I can tough it out. Overall, I enjoy this medication and it does not effect my overall mood and emotions.

Comment from: shannymar, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

This pill gives me horrible nausea and sometimes vomiting. I swear it feels just like being pregnant but I'm not. I've only been on the medication for 6 days and I've lost 4 lbs because I can't eat anything. It's terrible. I am overweight and normally I would be happy about 4 lbs but I am getting weak and depressed. I would not recomend this to anyone.