Keflex User Reviews

Keflex - User Reviews

Keflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

This is the worst drug I have taken for a bacteria infection ever. I vomited non stop with-in hours. I itched non stop, headache, dizziness etc. Worse then the infection. Never again!

Related Reading: headache | dizziness

Comment from: 4x4mudjunkies, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 18

I had the worst yeast infeciton of my life while taking this medication. Even though I ate yogurt and took acidophilus along with it. I will never take it again.

Comment from: JohnJ, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 22

Having been on the medication for a week, I developed a skin condition called Stevens Johnson syndrome. I had a rash from head to toe and every orifice of my body, mouth, nose, anus etc. I've never been known to be allergic to any antibiotic in my 45 years of life. It was a horrible experience that could have killed me. Please be careful if taking this or any other antibiotic in this family of meds..

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Pepper, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 30

I've never had any problems with any antibotic other than sulfa as a child, however... I would not recommend this drug for anyone. I should have done my research prior to taking. I can't even leave my house today due to the uncontrollable bowel movements. I started taking this med five days ago and was itchy (not bad) and a few other symptoms. Thought it was due to the pain meds and the surgery, however yesterday I got the chills and headache (gone today) and had to stay close to a bathroom... Today I am afraid to move. I will either get a new script or take the risk of infection. This med is not staying in my system anyway. I am a fit person and train six days a week. TRUST ME... Do not take this med.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 13

I was bitten by something maybe a spider on my ankle the doctor didnt know. I ended up with cellulitis of the ankle and tendon. it was so swollen, as soon as i started taking the keflex the swelling was down in a day and i had not one side effect from it. I was taking 500mg capsules 4 times a day.

Related Reading: cellulitis | keflex

Comment from: guitargirly, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I had a sever UTI, and the doc gave me keflex, 500mg, 4x/day. Side effects: fatigue, green urine. Within 24 hours i could urinate without pain, and within 3 days the symptoms were gone. I continued taking the meds for the full 10 days.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 15

This medication gave me oral thrush and a vaginal yeast infection. I will refuse this medication in the future.

Related Reading: thrush | yeast infection

Comment from: rlp, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 10

Easiest antibiotic I have ever taken. No trips to the bathroom (like all other meds). Slight nausea in the mornings. Cant say enough about it. Given this med for Bronchitis and sinus infection.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

Sick to death... taking this was worse than what it could have prevented. Slept almost 36 hours, would wake up feel nausea,headache, have a bathroom visit with all that contra indication and flop back down in bed. Stopped taking them of course. I was on no other meds and do not usually have any med problems. This stuff should be taken off the market, now.