Keflex User Reviews

Keflex - User Reviews

Keflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jessegirl, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 07

Allergic to penicillin so was given Keflex. Allergic to this as well. Nausea, diarrhea, confusion, severe cramping, itchy. So far it has not cleared up my abscessed tooth. It has however given me a UTI. I don't recommend this medicine! Also it smells like rotten eggs, which is awful to have to take when you are already nauseous!

Related Reading: diarrhea | abscessed tooth

Comment from: exhausted, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 02

halusination,confusion,loss of balance,irritability.depression,sobbing,crying,not aware of time,day or date,rambling speech,argumentitive

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

I got this prescribed from the free clinic. I thought I had herpes. I think I have psorasis *sp. It made the red spots on my hand go away that are only relieved by hot water. Also cleared up the spots on my penis. Within 4 days they were almost completely gone. As soon as I stopped taking it,within a month the lesions reoccured. Hopefully,I get another prescription. I did have sickness while taking it,but after 3 days my body adjusted. I had some loss of appetite, minor headaches. However,making my hands stop itching,and clearing up my genitals far outweighed the nausea.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

This drug is a life saver for me. I get side effects from almost every drug I ever take but Keflex caused no problems at all. I am very happy to find this drug!

Comment from: barb, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

Taken to prevent infection in breast reconstruction after breast cancer. I developed a very bad headache, severe constipation, made worse by pain meds. I stopped the Keflex and pain meds but my normal bowels have not functioned since. I still have very little appetite, am very bloated, hope this passes soon.

Related Reading: breast | breast cancer | constipation

Comment from: bmariah21, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

I had a reaction to keflex that was bad my face and body was burning like a sunburn and had a temp of 102.8 it hurt all over. The doctor said stay cool and if it gets any higher come back but, I hated keflex It was to harsh for my body

Related Reading: sunburn

Comment from: Dramasmama@gmail.comf, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

I was prescribed this medication for severly infected ingrown hairs & found that I was severly nausous the entire time I was on the meds... only seven days. 500mgs twice/day

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I was prescribed this medication for an infected wisdom tooth that has to be removed. It was necessary to take an antibiotic to get rid of the infection in my tooth, take down the swelling and pain in my jawbone, and as per dentists advice , was necessary for many reasons so that the condition would not get worse. I was in much pain and did not feel good at all,which was a period of 3 or 4 days.I noticed as soon as I had taken the first tablet that it started to act on relieving the pain,swelling and jawbone trouble. I am very happy and grateful with the remarkable results that the keflex has given me. As for the side effects, they were few, being indigestion, some constipation, all until I had adjusted to the medication. I had been lucky, and hope that anyone needing to take an antibiotic for any reason has good luck too, and no health problems with it.

Related Reading: indigestion