Keflex User Reviews

Keflex - User Reviews

Keflex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keflex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: mommy805, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

My doctor prescribed this for me to clear up a bacterial infection post-op. My knee feels better, but I have been soooo tired! Is this normal? I have read all of the reviews and haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

Comment from: eigram, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

This was prescribed for my 6 year old daughter. After 2 days of treatment her personality changed, becoming very mean and doing stange things, not her normal behavior. I stopped the medication immediately. Is this a side effect?

Comment from: UTIking, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

I have had a UTI in which CIPRO was not effective anymore. Please note I get UTI's about once a year. My urologist put me KEFLEX which in working and has gotten rid of the UTI. The only side effect I had was two days of diarrhea on start of medication in which I took Immodium A-D for and now all is well in the land of oz. :)

Related Reading: CIPRO

Comment from: stephter38, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I was on Keflex for a tooth infection. I was told that I may have a reaction due to the fact that I am allergic to Penicillin but it is rare. I got hives as well as some other serious side affects. Burning skin etc.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: no cephalexin for me, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 12

I had dental work done that got infected I'm allergic to all the penicillin's and suffer really badly with all drugs... my dentist gave me cephalexin 500MG to take four times a day... first two days I had mild diarrhea but the rest of the week was fine and the infection cleared right up.... two years later same tooth same infection same cephalexin took one pill at 5am by 9am I had such uncontrollable diarrhea I could not make it to the bathroom (very Embarrassing) once in the bathroom my bowels continued to empty for several hours making me light headed and passing out.... Never been so sick in my life I stopped taking the cephalexin.

Comment from: 51197, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

I was prescribed 500mg 2xdaily for 10 days for a supposed sinus infection. I made it to day 4. Had horrible headaches from Day 1, lost appetite, gas, vivid dreams, and my arms and legs looked like they got beat up. If i even touched something, i bruised after starting this medication. I had taken this previously, 4x a day, and didn't have a problem. Not the same with this time.

Comment from: venture, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

Took for 6 days presceibed for 10 days. 1500mg a day. On day 7 I got very cold and could not get warm. this passed, day 8 got very cold again ( all of this within 30 minuntes of taking med.) and lost everything in my stomach. I Skipped a day to give my system time to recover. Began taking again today,within 45 mins. I am cold again, So cold I can only get warm in the shower. What is it with this med????? Doctor prescribed generic for infection in lungs. Has anyone else had this cold shaking feelings???? Oh, let's not forget the running nose and sore throx

Comment from: froliger, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

Had minor surgery and was prescribed this medication to take. Took 1 dose and had a severe allergic reaction. My face, throat and chest was bright red and burned like a sunbuern. My Doctor said to stop taking ASAP and switched me to the Z-pack. Have to take benadryl to counter act this medicine

Related Reading: benadryl