Kenalog-40 Injection User Reviews

Kenalog-40 Injection - User Reviews

Kenalog-40 Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kenalog-40 Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: NotHappy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 24

I received a shot by my physician in May 2009 for sinusitis, I saw no improvement but what did happen in August 2009 is the muscle around the injection site in my upper buttock atrophied and I now have a 2 ½ inch long 1 ½ inch wide ½ inch deep if not deeper indentation at the injection site which is unsightly and very noticeable. I asked prior to the shot what the side effects were and was never told about possible muscle atrophy and there seems nothing on Kenalog website but if you “google” Kenalog side effects apparently quite a number of people are experiencing this side effect.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

I have horrible allergies and have been receiving this shot once a year for probably 10 years. I would totally recommend this to anyone who suffers seasonal allergies. Symptoms disappear within 24 hours and will not be back until after the freeze.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 13

I received 2 Kenalog injections for a herniated disc. I was never told the side effects that could occur. I have had vision changes, mood swings, depression, weight gain, fluid retention, dizziness, migraines, and my hands have been shaking so bad that I could not do my job. I am a registered nurse and luckily I recognized the side effects from the steroid and asked the anestheologist about them. I was told that it rarely occurred. I also had to go to the emergency room a week after the second injection due to breathing difficulties. I would highly recommend talking with your doctor about the pros and cons of this steroid. It has changed who I am and I have to live with it every day. I am in my 20s and am unable to receive a third injection due to the breathing issue. My only other option is to have the surgery where they fuse the vertebrae together. And unfortunately with the second injection, they had to use less steroid due to the Cushing Synd side effects I was already having. The 2nd injection never really worked and I have had to suffer with the side effects.

Related Reading: herniated disc | depression | dizziness

Comment from: Michigan , 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 07

Got a shot of Kenalog a week ago to help with my allergies.Life has been miserable every since. I have been to the ER and my personal physician because I keep having back spasms and uncontrolable shaking. It is literally taking over my life. I called the doctor and told him about my side effects and he told me that he has "almost never" heard of such a reaction to this shot. To make things worse I am suppose to go on our honeymoon in 4 days and I am not even excited to go because I have so much dread and doom that something bad is going to happen to me. If I knew about these side effect I would of NEVER got this shot. I literally feel like I am dying inside.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

Was given Kenalog for "inflamation" in my neck/shoulder in late May. Did not relieve any pain. Have since developed severe migraines, insomnia, & have a big crater like indentation at the sight of injection. Was not informed of any of these side effects. I WOULD HAVE NEVER RECEIVED THIS INJECTION HAD MY DOCTOR INFORMED ME OF THE RISKS.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: barbara, (Patient) Published: August 15

got a shot of kenalog for under eye swelling due to lack of sleep months ago. under my eyes are now black & blue and i have bad indents. time to call a lawyer. my doctor made a bad mistake and this stuff is poison. I now get my period every 2 weeks.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 13

I had a Kenalog injection for treatment of seasonal allergic bronchitis and inner ear inflammation. It worked within 2 days - my ear opened up, I stopped coughing, and my sinuses opened up. No side effects.

Comment from: tuckertoo, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 22

I received$ a Kenalog injection for chronic abdominal pain one week ago, and since then, my pain has risen to a 9 on a scale of 1-10. After the injection, I didn't know whether I had to pee, poop, or vomit. I felt like I was having a miscarriage. I couldn't talk without wanting to scream, walking was barely manageable. I called the surgeon back on Monday (the injection was on Thursday), and the comments I got were: "That isn't supposed to happen" and "She won't give you that shot again." I now must have an abdominal ultrasound, ordered by my primary, to determine if damage has been done, or if it's just a reaction. I am taking so much Percocet that I should be flying, but my pain level actually surpasses the pain killers. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life in terms of medical misfires.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | miscarriage | Percocet