Kenalog-40 Injection User Reviews

Kenalog-40 Injection - User Reviews

Kenalog-40 Injection User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kenalog-40 Injection sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cera, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

I received a kenalog injection for allergies earlier this year and it has made my life so much better. I frequently used to take multiple OTC medications for my allergies, and since getting the shot, I only take one a day if I have to take any at all.

Comment from: tbove, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I had a spasming pinched nerve in my lower back so my doctor gave me one shot of kenalog in my deltoid. I now have a dent in my arm about the size of a quarter. Would have dealt with the pain if I had known that this could happen. Seriously thinking about calling a lawyer.

Related Reading: pinched nerve

Comment from: SBQ, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

I have received 2 kenelog inj. of 80mg each, 1 month apart in my epidural space for pain relief. I have Cushing's Syndrome now and I don't know if this is the cause and it will go away when/if this ever wears off, or if it exaserbated an already existing condition. but I have spent HOURS researching this! The first shot, I had 3 weeks of pain relief and the second, 5 weeks. Not worth it for the misery I'm in now if this is in fact the cause. I marked the ease of use as difficult only because I have to travel 1 1/2 hours to the hospital to get the injection done, then I need a driver to take me home.

Related Reading: Cushing's Syndrome

Comment from: rad4man, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

Had inflamed nerve, with significant pain/numbness, down right leg from small bone spur on lower vertebrae. First injection in lower back relieved symptoms for 6 months. Had 2nd inj two weeks ago. Positive relief was almost immediate and no averse side effects. In and out of Dr office in less than 40 min.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 11

This is the only treatment that cleared up my allergies. I tried over the counter medications and nothing helped as well as Kenalog. I have taken one Kenalog shot per year and it clears me up by the next day for a full year.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

I was given a Kenalog inhaler around 1988 for seasonal allergies - lead to MS-like symptoms, muscle spasms/dystonia, mood fluxuations, allergic reactions increased & even bing maxed out on Benedryl didn't stop the reaction. Kenalog nearly put me in a wheelchair. My endocrinologist In 2010, I was given 4 sympathetic nerve blocks w/ Kenalog for RSD/CRPS of the R foot/leg (& possibly spreading?) Had a tear in R shoulder connective tissue that was inconsistent with slight jarring which was clearly inconsistent with the fall, but after antibiotic Tx which could explain that injury. After 2nd Tx, developed kidney stones/infection/pyrexia x 1 month. Generalized pain was increased post-op. Pain in L side (wondered if I'd coded in surgery & paddles had been used-neg.) After 4th block, now have bone pain in hips, neck, shoulders; extreme generalized pain, body-wide muscle wasting, vomiting, arrhythmia, chest pains w/ numbness of L arm, extreme photo-sensitivity & eyes burning(possibly other photo-sensitivity as well - can barely stand a 60w light bulb or dimmed computer screen), a few bouts of incontinence, possible seizures, bruising on legs & arms, sleeplessness & a drug-induced mania that lasted for days without sleep. I had increased intracranial pressure from a nasal inhaler around 1988 & likely far worse this time around. My hope is that this drug, as well as other corticosteroids, will be strongly regulated, with a requirement of patients being counseled on effects, side effects & possible adverse reactions & a requirement that patients sign off on any procedure at least 3 days before it is done with ANY corticosteroid use with full disclosure of any and all potential side & adverse effects. I had a prior reaction to this same drug & had there been this requirement, I would not be in the condition I am in now. A prior adverse reaction to steroids was overlooked and as a result. I hope OTC cortisone preparations become prescription only & more regulated than opiods.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | dystonia | kidney stones

Comment from: 25-34 Published: October 06

While this medication did prevent seasonal allergies, it left an indentation at the injection site that has not gone back to normal 6 months later.

Comment from: kenalog, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 15

I have severe seasonal allergies and this drug with one injection gave me serious relief!!!