Keppra XR User Reviews

Keppra XR - User Reviews

Keppra XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 17

My husband was recently diagnosed with seizures and this is the first medication he has tried. Keppra has stop the seizures but he experiences fatigue, inability to concentrate, irritability and extreme anger and aggression. He has stopped taking it due to the anger and aggression. Hopefully there is another medication without this dangerous side-effect.

Related Reading: Keppra | fatigue

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: February 18

My mother has been on keppra for 6 months. She has mood swings, sometimes depresed and physical weakness. She also has some hair loss. She is not herself and would rather take her chances without the medication. Be sure to consider the side effects before using.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 16

Diagnosis of primary generalized epiliepsy. I have had zero seizures since starting this medication. I changed from Keppra to Keppra XR after my insurance co mandated a generic subsitution for Keppra, against what my doctor ordered. Great effectiveness, but definitely experience tiredness and irritability. However, I can manage these much more effectively than a seizure.

Related Reading: Keppra XR | seizure

Comment from: prefer not to give, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 02

Unhappy with hair loss! Unhappy with depression and lack of energy/sleeplessness.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: Anna, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

Good effects it has stopped flashing lights and at the moment no more seizures.Side effects sleepiness agitation depression and now pain in right side and back pain.?Kidney impairment.5weeks into treatment.Dont feel great i must say

Comment from: Robz6j6nk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 03

I have been on this med for about a year and a half. I have two major concerns. First thing that I noticed was that I become very angry, I can be fine and if something upsets me like a car pulling in front of me, i can get into a rage. It scares me. Then also I have noticed my hair is thinner. My doctor has given me a new med called Lamectil that I have not started as of yet. Seems to be more side effects with that one also.

Comment from: eross, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I am constantly tired but have trouble keeping a regular sleep pattern, mostly I can't fall asleep at night no matter how tired I am. I've been on Keppra XR for a year now and I still can't handle how tired this drug makes me on a daily basis.

Comment from: red, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 20

I started taking Keppra xr in June 2009 and it took care of my seizures but by August I was having panic attacks so bad I couldn't drive.I also have trouble sleeping.Now I have to take generic klonopin for the side effects from the keppra.Anyone else have problems like these?

Related Reading: panic attacks | klonopin

Comment from: snobrd, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 02

in 10 days-went from 1000mg to 2000mg- was unable to walk or put sentence together - was taken off completely

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.