Keppra XR User Reviews

Keppra XR - User Reviews

Keppra XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jhatchell76, 7-12 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 15

This medication made my daughter extremely emotional, she was very moody and difficult to communicate with. Just as soon as I took her off of the medicine her whole attitude changed and I got my happy child back. Definitely DO NOT recomend this, if using watch closley for emotional changes.

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 15

I started off taking Immediate release Keppra 5oomg in the AM and 1000mg PM.(for the past year)Recently I was getting breakthrough simple partials, very depressed,a feeling of withdrawral by 5-7 pm and becoming photosensitive to florescent lighting. Im trying 500mg Keppra XR in the AM & kept the 1000mgs at night the same.. and its working out well except for some stomach upset & nausea.. I no longer feel depressed or lost in this drug.. I'm hoping the stomach upset is temporary

Comment from: goddess33, 7-12 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 17

My son started using Keppra just last month, he started having seizures out of no where. He also has chronic asthma.and he has other medicines that cause side effects as well. I have been receiving phone calls from school about my sons behavior, he refused to do his work, moody, and very anger. He started off taken this medicine in small dosages. He has not had another seizure since starting it. But his emotional behavior has changed a lot.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Agatha, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I am TBI survivor from 2000. I had 1 seizure in 2000 and one seizure in Dec. 2009. I had 3 aura's in between the seizures. Dr. put me on 1000 mg Keppra XR and I had HUGE headaches 50 mins. later. Felt like I had a CAP on my head that was WAY TOO SMALL for me. Reluctantly, Dr. reduced amount to 500 mg, for 1 week now. Have headaches, less severe, every day. Even now. I think STOPPING this medication is the best idea. Seizures were minimal, headaches ARE daily.

Comment from: Kelly, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 11

Started taking Keppra XR after giving birth to my son.It works so well for me.I haven't had seizures for 2 and a half years now. I have been on other things but they never work. I can carry my child and not have to worry about having an episode and hurting him.I had some depression after he was born but changed my diet and started a gym. It really helped me.

Comment from: clg, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I thought I was crazy. I was put on this drug after one complex seizure four days after brain surgery. No prior history of seizures. Vivid wierd dreams, loss of appetite, sluggishness.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 03

This is my third medication since being diagnosed six months ago. Taking this medicine once a day is more effective for me with my work schedule. However, I am sleepless, lack concentration and I have sever neck pain on the right side. Recently I have developed constipation, but I'm not sure if this is a result of this medicine.

Related Reading: neck pain | constipation

Comment from: 19-24 (Patient) Published: May 04

I started taking the XR form of this drug in the begining of the year and have noticed the side effects more. I have become more depressed, less energy, just not as well as I when I was on the regular Keppra. But it does seem to do the trick havent had a siezure since starting to take Keppra about 4 years.

Comment from: Hopeing4thbest , 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

First dose of 1000 mg @ pm had an early morning "hang over " effect. Very uncomfortable,sleepy all day,dropping things.Called MD and dosage changed to 500 mg for now! Still have stomach upset and nausea,not as tired.

Comment from: HOPE-4-D-BEST, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 16

My brother has done much better after taking Keppra for the past 3.5 years. He experiences less seizures (Thank God). But, the side effects of tiredness, blurred vision and zoning into space is much experienced. Overall, we are thankful and it is less harmfull on the liver and kidneys as to other anti-seizure medications. I hope this will benifit someone out there in need of information and undecided on what meds. to take for seizures.

Related Reading: liver

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.