Keppra XR User Reviews

Keppra XR - User Reviews

Keppra XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: adoug, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 08

I began taking this drug because of frequent sps which were exhibited through deja vu/false memories followed by severe jamais vu. My seizures never generalized. I am very satisfied with this medication as it has not only stopped my seizure activity but also has acted as an anti-anxiety medication as I no longer have to take Zoloft for generalized anxiety. The only complaint I have is that now I have strange dreams that are quite vivid. They are not frightening, just strange.

Related Reading: anxiety | Zoloft

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 12

Suffered a couple of seizures 4 years ago. Not sure of cause. Don't have epilepsy but am Type 1 Diabetic and had consistently high blood sugars. Previously on Dilantin (no problem). Switched to Lamectil, now Keppra. This Keppra XR is causing severe and continuous alopecia! I haven't had a seizure in 3 years but doctors reluctant to take me off med. Losing my long, thick hair is NOT FUN!

Related Reading: Dilantin

Comment from: s, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 01

I had been on Keppra and was moved to Keppra XR due to irritability and sleepiness. I broke out in hives and appear to be allergic to the XR version.

Related Reading: hives

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I started taking keppra and had to switch to xr still having some breakthru once every few months going to be adding lamictal xr after reading the reviews a little scared to add that drug does not seem to help with control. will be slowly increasing the dose hoping that the side effects are small. I take 3000mg of xr and will be taking 200 mg of the lamictal xr. Does anyone else take this combo and give me feedback on this. They have never been able to find a reason for me having seizures to begin with. just something that started in 2008. I do notice the side effects with keppra emotional more then anything. any info would help me out. THANKS!

Related Reading: lamictal xr | lamictal

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 05

Tried the generic levetiracetam started having seizures. had to go back to keppra xr. now I pay a big price for my meds.

Comment from: Jaimee, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I have had no probloms with this medication i have been takeing it for a year and i haven't had any real side affects it works great on me. I was useing depacote for sezures for 15 years and it stoped working and gave me very bad side affects in the time that i was taking it. I stopped taking it and started useing this and everything has been great.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.