Keppra User Reviews

Keppra - User Reviews

Keppra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kellu, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 20

My husband has been on Keppra for 1 1/2 yrs and has not had any seizures,which is good because they were gran mal. His mood swings, irrational behavior, anxiety, anger are out of control and are ruining our lives. He is seeing a different Dr to find out what is going on. The seizures were bad, but this is almost worse. Please try to seek help for the side effects. We were told to take B12 for the mood swings and no blood tests have been done since he's been on it. Be very careful about drinking beer with this med, because it seems to intensify all of the side effects.

Related Reading: anxiety | B12

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 28

This medication was given to my husband and he had a severe hostile reaction to it. He wound up in jail for family violence. I would recommend a thorough review of all medications and interactions with medications before taking it.

Comment from: lori, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

need to take vit b6 with this med... helps with mental side effects

Comment from: SRJeff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 04

Had no idea why I started having seizures a few years ago, but after being on Dilantin (which made the world feel about 5 mph) prescribed by my regular doc, I saw a neurologist who switched me to Keppra. Whatever you do, do not miss doses - I had a few whoppers in an hour back in September after having run out of it and waiting for my paycheck. The stuff is ridiculously expensive, but I think UCB's patent should be expiring fairly soon, so if you don't have a Rx formulary benefit/insurance, generic levetiracetam will hopefully be available stateside soon. It works, wonderfully, even.

Comment from: anonymous, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 24

I have had a bad experience with Keppra. I am getting off the medicine now. All I have had is problems while on it. The worst one is the chronic no sleeping and the pain my legs, and being weak from this medicine I am now walking with a cane. I have a lot of other side affects some severe and other less severe. My suggestion to anyone who is on it would be look into Keppra more.

Comment from: FortG, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

For the spouses of Keppra users- I had to break up my dosage thru the day so I wouldn't be so "zombie like"- Biggest dose at bedtime. That may work for your husbands also. I still am extremely tired- but it is better. My memory is completely shot- You may notice that too. My husband has just gotten used to me asking him the same thing over and over! I really think the memory problems people have with this is from being SO tired. I also started taking Lexapro 10 mg with the Keppra to bring me out of a funk I felt I was sliding in to. I feel that too, has helped me alot. Please be patient with your hubby. This drug makes you feel like you are sleep walking a lot of the time. Hopefully, it will work itself out for you. IT WILL TAKE AWHILE. Good news is, that I have not had a seizure for 3 years!! Good Luck!! I will be starting the generic form in about a week and I am scared to death! Wish me luck!!

Related Reading: Lexapro | sleep

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 29

extreme tiredness and depression while taking this medication.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: lakegirlsimplelife, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 10

it helped with seizure activity, but the personality changes, anger,hostility, irrational judgements, were worse than the seizures. It has been a living hell. I am the mother and it has been a heart crushing, emotional draining experience

Comment from: Bigjohn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 03

It works 100% but it costs way too much. I am on SS and retired. We had to pay $1,000.00 for three months supply. We had to put it on our charge card as we also have many many other RXs for my wife and myself. No generic is available and we think this is price gouging to charge this much for a life or death drug.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.