Keppra User Reviews

Keppra - User Reviews

Keppra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

since i have been taken off dilantin and put on keppra i have been sleepy and iritable all the time. the meds work awesome but the side affects horrible.

Comment from: moomoo, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 15

I started this treatment when i was diagnosed in march 2010 (age 25)after collapsing on numerous times. After seeing a neurolag i was put on keppra 1 1/2 every day. side affexts were awful for the first 2 weeks I was hyperactive, no appetite and couldnt sleep at night but exausted in the day, mood swings.............. now 6 months on i have had no more seizures, no funny moments, and am back to my normal self. keppra has worked for me!

Comment from: akalocsa, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

i have been on quite a few different medications to control my epilepsy and none of has given me complete satisfaction. i still have weird feelings, like going down the hill on a roller-coaster and losing my gravity. keppra makes me moody. i become aggrivated easily and it is hard to control my temper at times. i have recently started having memory loss for a few seconds after having my aura. i seem to have these auras around "that time of the month". are there any other women out there who have noticed this as well? also, i read reviews from women who want to get pregnant and must stop taking carbatrol. i took carbatrol during my pregnancy and during breast feeding, my neurologist said it would be fine.

Related Reading: carbatrol | pregnancy | breast

Comment from: Thanking God, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 28

I had 15 seizures in a row, the EMT's watched me have 6 at home and then the ER watched me have 9 more in the ER room, the doctor said I was stressed from my mothers cancer and being far away from her the doctor put me on 3 different meds before I switch doctors she was wonderful and put me on Keppra I have not had a sezuire in 3 years, I had to switch doctors because of my insurance and this doctors is a quack he is wanting to take me off the medicine and did and now I have seizures again. I went back to the good doctor and the seizures have now stopped again. What is wrong with the doctors thinking I am crazy? I do not show the gray area in my brain and have the seizures in my sleep. Thank God for a wonderful doctor that knows what she is doing. I cannot live with out Keppra

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: G$ , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 26

I have been on Keppra for a long time(10to12years) and I still have seizures. Maybe 1 or two a week. The type that when the seizure occurs when you can't spit out what you want to say and become very disoriented and want to sit or lay down. It can last anywhere from 10 or 15 seconds upto a minute or so. Keppra has'nt been as effective as was when first prescribed. It's as if the body or system has built a tolerance or a shield if you will, to prevent the meds from kicking in upon arrival of the seizure. I can feel when it is going to happen or just before it happens, but still can't mentally stop it from occuring as weird as it may seem. Keppra sometimes will still help, but not like it used to even taken in with partner Lamictal. It came make me become extremely moody, tired, and suffer loss of appetite. I have lost weight and suffered that darn hair loss issue. I guess these would be classified as complex partial though when first diagnosed at age 20 these seizures caused me to blackout and fall floorbound. This, however, has not happened in years. I don't know if it's the Keppra or Lamictal or a combo. I was much worse however, attitude and behavior wise, when on tegretol and carbatrol. In the long run it has made my lifestyle better I guess as opposed to when first diagnosed with epilepsy. I don't know what is worse, the meds not always working effectively or not knowing why or how this condition came about. I have no family history of the condition and have never suffered any head trauma injuries. All EEG's and MRI's negative and no sugar problems either. Somewhat satisfied with Keppra. Good Luck to everyone out there we're all in this together no matter what we're classified with.

Related Reading: Lamictal | hair loss | tegretol

Comment from: gram, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 27

Seizures from brain tumor. Removed, but auras/seizures continued.On various meds never controlled. Recently taken off of dilantin which I had been on for 20 years. Now on Keppra 500 twice a day, Gabitril and Lamictal. No seizures unless I'm late taking meds, but occasional auras. Side effects awful and have not improved. Cognative problems.Dizziness and loss of concentration. Loss of appetite, extreme fatigue. No desire to do anything which could be depression with the combination of anti-seizure medications. Sleepy/tired all the time. No problem with anger.

Related Reading: tumor | Gabitril | Dizziness

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.