Keppra User Reviews

Keppra - User Reviews

Keppra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Keppra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: November 02

I was being weened off previous seizure meds assuming that my seizures would subside. Three weeks into my drug therapy, I began to have significant psychiatric issues, which is not my nature. I was put on 24 hr. suicide watch as I was vocalizing attempts at suicide. I was angry, hostile, and depressed. I do not recommened this to anyone without fully looking into it

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: jh0291, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 11

My son took this medication for 4 months and started having "out of body experiences". The neurologist thought it was increased seizure activity so he increased the medication. My son turned into a zombie and could not remember how to turn on his computer. He lost his long term and short term memory and his grades plummeted from As to Ds because he could not remember how to write. We took him off the drug and he finally improved but he is still having trouble 3 years later with his memory. This is a horrible drug

Comment from: islandboy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 28

Diagnosed w/ pyschomotor seizures @ 37 yrs old. Started out on Tegretol w/ limited results. Through the years have taken aux drugs...Lamictal, Topomax, Neurontin. These had bad side effects & my episodes were occurring anywhere between 4-10 per night. Daytime was controlled, but felt extremely tired during the day. I wonder how I kept my job and managed to live a normal life. Then came Keppra about 12 years ago & the other drugs were taken away. I have been seizure-free for this entire period on Keppra alone. I can't say enough about how wonderful it has been for me. I do feel tired and want to sleep. My wife thinks I have a hair trigger temper. My lifestyle has changed drastically with retirement (I'm now 63)yielding no workplace stress. In addition to enjoying life, I exercise about 2 hours a day. Bottom line, we are all different in the way meds affect us and it can be a long, grueling journey to find the right regimen. I also believe lifestyle can play a part in the therapy.

Related Reading: Neurontin | stress

Comment from: dot.com, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I have had seizures for 11 years now, and with two different generalizations. This medicine was prescribed to me during my junior year in high school, and although it started off normal, it did not reduce the amount of seizures I was having. I was taking 3000 mg of Keppra a day (that's no typo, folks!). By about my fourth month taking the medicine (probably second month completely weaned onto the medicine), I started experiencing one horrible serious side effect of this medicine -- depression. This went unnoticed for about four more months until my neurologist forced me to go to a psychologist and started weaning me off the Keppra (after realizing I was experiencing those feelings due to the medicine). That time period was probably the scariest experience during my life, and I really don't want others to have the same -- especially children. I'm so grateful that I was able to SURVIVE it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 25

My niece has been taking Keppra for the past 4 months. At first, we were so relieved to see the seizures stop that we did not notice the extreme behavior changes. She is only 4 years old and would act like a person with bi-polar disorder. One minute she is sweet and cuddly and the next she would be biting hitting and kicking. This medicine is not to be trusted.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.