Kineret User Reviews

Kineret - User Reviews

Kineret User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kineret sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 09

I was diagnosed w JRA@age 7 w Stills Disease tendencies.I started this medication and it has been a blessing.I've been on multiple regimens including Enbrel, Remicade,and Orencia.None of them has worked as well for me than Kineret.I just hate the daily shot, not only bcs of the inconvenience, but also bcs the medication is thick, therefore painful when its injected.I cant do it for myself,I have to get someone else to give it to me bcs its painful.If you've ever had Gold injections, than that would be about the same level of pain, but not as bad as a cortisone shot.

Related Reading: Enbrel | Remicade | Orencia

Comment from: RA in AK, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 28

I was DX about 6 years ago with adult onset Stills disease ( a form of RA). Was on Enbrel for the first few years. Enbrel keep me functional and able to preform at my job but there was still significant pain & I was very limited in my abilities. I've been on Keneret for almost the last 3 years & could not be happier. I have very little limitations an more. I've gone mountaineering, backpacking, and many other demanding activities. The daily injections can be a pain but it is well worth the freedom it gives me.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I had a very severe reaction to this medicine. My whole body hurt. Afterwards I developed 3 blood clots in my lungs. I reported this to the makers of Kineret, but they told me I was the only person to experience this problem. My Doctor took me off from it immediately and the physical pain went away, but I still have trouble with my blood now.

Related Reading: blood clots | Kineret

Comment from: JRA Girl, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 03

I've had Juvenile Rheumatoid arthritis since I was 15, i've been on Enbrel and I was sore all the time so my doctor put me on Kineret and the results are amazing. I've been using it for about 6 years and I never have flare ups or sore joints. The only problem that I have is it does not help my fatigue, I have very little energy. But My joints are almost back to normal. Doing an injection everyday is an inconvenience but nothing else has controlled my pain as well, I don't even have to take any other medication with it.

Related Reading: Rheumatoid arthritis | fatigue

Comment from: David J, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 07

I was part of an efficacy study 9 yrs ago. This drug has taken me from approaching disability to being virtually asymptomatic. After 5 yr. of daily injections (100mg)I was able to go to M-W-F for 6 mo. then T-TH for 6 mo. Then 3 yrs. ago I stopped taking it altogether. I am still asymptomatic except for very slight joint pain in middle two fingers or right hand.

Comment from: medicinetalk, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 04

I was diagnosed with JRA around age 7 with Stills Disease and lupus (SLE) tendencies. So, I am very similar to another poster here. I've had rash and fevers since I was born, so I currently consider myself a CAPS (Cryopyrin Associated Periodic Syndromes) Kineret works extrememly well for me and gave me normal labs. I've tried a number of drugs including Imuran, Cellcept, Enbrel, Methotrexate, etc. The Kineret injections can be painful and gives me large bumps at the point of injection. I use Triamcinolone 0.1% ointment to take away all the discomfort. I also make sure to wait a full hour for the injection to fully reach room temperature. I would be interested in emailing with similar folks. pinecone@gmail.com

Related Reading: lupus | rash | Imuran

Comment from: Cupster, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

I have Adult Onset Still's Disease and have been on Kineret for 3 weeks.After 2 injections it was like a miraculous healing. All my symptoms of the disease went away,joint pain, sore throat, rash, and fever.However, I had to stop the injections because it caused severe itching, brain fog, and injection site rash. I was told by the makers that no one had ever reported brain fog.I am back to having pain and only wish I could still use it.

Related Reading: Still's Disease | sore throat | fever

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options