Kionex User Reviews

Kionex - User Reviews

Kionex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Kionex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: vlesperance@verizon.net, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 25

Very expensive! Paid 75.00 co-pay for one dose prescribed. Only comes in a 1 pound container. Too much $ for a one time use. Plus the experation date is Jan 08. Like throwing money down the toilet!!

Comment from: ChattyCats, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

I have no trouble taking this powder. If mixed/stirred with a small amount of liquid at first to dissolve, then adding the rest of the liquid and drinking very quickly, it is very palatable. I find no taste or aftertaste at all...I even take it with water.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 15

Had trouble finding it in 2 pharmacies, was told I had to buy 1/2 pound, then that changed to the correct dose. Extremely bad taste but went down with water OK. No one warned me about the diarrhea that followed, but was told by Dr's office that that was how it lowered the potassium. Have an upcoming test for the effectiveness, hope it works because I don't want to do that again.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 29

I do not enjoy taking this medication, when mixed with water as prescribed I find it very gritty. I would hope in the near future the company can make it more palatable

Comment from: Pearl's Mama, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

This drug is so vile tasting that I have trouble swallowing it. The aftertaste burns my throat and mouth no matter how much water or liquid I drink. I wish someone would make this into a capsule or tablet form. I am only on my second round of it. I hope my doctor will take me off of it when I see him.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: stacie r, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

this stuff is gritty and nasty tasting, but if i did not take it i might have a heart attack. it makes me want to stay away from high potassium food and stick to my kidney diet

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 02

If you mix it with cranberry juice and little water it is palatabel.You have to watch out for constipation. A good diet in high fiber will take care of it.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: Grandma, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

The medication is not palatable - gritty, salty tating and tated like over ripe bananas. It made me very nauseated and had difficulty keeping it down. It also caused duarrhea which was inconvenient. I REALLY wish it could be made into a capsule, caplet or pill of some form which would make it much easier to take. However even the distasteful liquid by mouth is much better than the alternative administration!

Comment from: Dorothy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

The product served my purpose. I would like to see better doseage packing.

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 06

diaherra

Comment from: loralamia, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 05

my 22yr old son is taking this medication due to kidney failure & he absolutely hates it....has the liquid form but is having a hard time getting it down....

Related Reading: kidney failure

Comment from: Andacar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 12

Gritty, tastess like mud. Makes quite a mess in the bathroom when mixing it. Works very well. I've had worse treatments, and it keeps me from having a heart attack.