Klonopin User Reviews

Klonopin - User Reviews

Klonopin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Klonopin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nomorepanic, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 01

I had the most debilitating panic attacks! I started getting them at 23 yrs old. Beforehand, I didn't even know there was such a thing! I thought I was having a heart attack (other panic-disorder sufferers know what I mean!) So, for YEARS, I would have an attack w/out any outside trigger or reason. I stopped drinking coffee, alcohol, and even thought that I was causing them from eating high-fat foods!! I had no clue. I tried all the Vitamins, minerals, herbs (esp. Kava, and Valerian) commonly recommended for anxiety; minimal to no relief! Tried dieting, exercise, meditating, even candles and soothing Music! NOTHING, nada and zip! Then, at 28, I finally had medical benefits, and saw a psychiatrist. Long story short: I was prescribed Clonazepam .5mg twice daily for my dreadful high anxiety. (I was also prescribed Adderall for ADHD and Remeron for Insomnia). Within 1 hr, I felt so much CALMER, RELAXED, MELLOW, and slept like a baby the FIRST DAY! Virtually no side effects either; just a little drowsy and sleepy the first 3 or 4 days. ZERO PANIC ATTACKS! I researched Clonazepam thoroughly and am well aware of all the bad rap it has got: Abuse, withdrawal syndrome, dependence, etc. Everyone's inner-chemistry is like a box of chocolates: You never know.. blah blah! Trial and error; works for some, paradoxical anxiety for only 1% of patients, the 'o-my-god-I-have-to-take pills' 'phoebes that try to stop taking the very solution that works....Duh! Yet, I know it doesn't work for everyone (they can have my Valerian--it's gathering dust!) Bottom line: Communicate w your Doctor!! And, If Clonazepam works, it works! Period! I've been taking it for well over a year, and I have FINALLY completed TWO COLLEGE SEMESTERS! 4.0 GPA! How's that for a 'side effect' of an anxiety-treatment plan? I rest my case. Clonazepam (and Remeron) has really helped me live a more productive life free of debilitating panic, insomnia, and anxiety! I even stopped drinking! Just beautiful.

Related Reading: panic attacks | heart attack | Vitamins

Comment from: AmyC, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 10

I have had panic attacks for about 10 years now. For a long time, I would think I was going to die every single time I had one AND in between times having them all I could think about was having another one! Noone really understood or believed me-they said it was all in my head. Finally I found a Dr. who told me not to be embarrassed by this or try to figure it out. Some people just have this problem. I have tried about everything out there and I promise Klonopin is the best thing to keep your anxiety at bay. My dosage is 1mg 3 times a day. You have to take them, even if you don't feel nervous to make sure they stay in your system. I had to learn that from experience. These don't work as fast as xanax to "calm" you, but they last longer and if you take them correctly you will feel like a "normal" person again. I don't feel tired or groggy at all. As a matter of fact, I can't tell I'm on any medication I just don't feel nervous anymore-and isn't that the goal!! Good Luck and if your Dr. doesn't want you on these because they are "addictive" find another Dr. because you have to live your life!!

Related Reading: Klonopin | anxiety | xanax

Comment from: Marware, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 14

Until June, I have been on 6mgs of this poison for seven years. In my opinion, it is given out to easily, prescribed at high doses for too long at a time, and is highly addictive if used for most two weeks. I've been going through withdrawal for weeks and it is only the beginning of what I will endure. Just watch the videos on Youtube or Google Klonopin Withdrawal and you will be horrified. I have suffered just about all of the things that they say "may" happen, including losing complete feeling in my lower body for 6 hours and flailing all over the place. They thought I was seizing and having a stroke. People, DO NOT GO ON THIS MED OR ANY BENZODIAZAPINE! I have never used drugs in my life; not even weed. And I am addicted to what I consider the worst family of drugs there is. You can't go to detox as you can't stop cold turkey. It is a process that can take years. My life has been so effected by this. I've lost communication with my children and have developed agoraphobia from this. I don't have a life. I am alone. It sucks. Oh, I have beautiful to my waist hair and it is falling out. So tell me, WHY are doctors allowed to hand this stuff out like candy? I didn't know it was even addictive as both of my doctors told me that stopping it was "no big deal", AND I BELIEVED THEM. I realized I was no longer anxious and decided to stop....that is when the hell began and I almost died. Thank you for reading.

Related Reading: stroke | agoraphobia

Comment from: Gramof4, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 08

I've suffered from Panic attacks & anxiety for 20 years, went on xanax for 15. It was horrible! Xanax is called the clock watchers drug, The longer you take Xanax the shorter it works. I could not miss a dose without horrible anxiety-panic. My Dr. weened me and began Klonopin. What a difference (for me) I was taking 6 mg. of Xanax, I needed an increase frequently. The Klonopin works all day, I take 1 mg in the morning and one at bedtime. It does leave me a little tired in the morning, But I feel like I have my life back. All drugs of this nature are addictive. I just don't have that paniky feeling if I am running low or leave the house without it. For me..... It's been a miracle! But, we all react differently to any drugs....

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.