Klonopin User Reviews

Klonopin - User Reviews

Klonopin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Klonopin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Shaunice40, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 02

Used for anxiety, also took wellbutrin for depression. I have not been on any medication in more a year and am glad to say I have not have any unpleasant side effects. Klonopin did work wonders for anxiety, BUT and this is a huge BUT. Was extremely addicted to this after being on it for a year. Was "fired" by my therapist and I went online to learn how to ween myself off of it. I recommend it for anxiety because it works but it's very addictive and made me very tired to the point I would just dose off to sleep. Felt like a junkie. NEVER stop this medication abrubtly. And if I missed a dose would get the shakes. I emphasize that it does work extremely well but you will become ADDICTED to this medication so be mindful of this. I weened myself off of it SLOWLY and didn't experience any withdrawal symptoms. I have changed my diet and only eat ORGANIC and whenever I get a little stressed I go the health food store. They sell homepathic medicine that works just as well for my anxiety and sleepiness without the negative side effects. The organic diet help cut out the intense food cravings I was having. BUT never ever stop taking your medication unless you consult with your physican first. I don't knock tradional medicine because it helped get me through my rough time when I got divorced and lost my home and everything else I valued and felt like I wanted to end it. I still have "talk" therapy and I would still use traditional medication if I need to but I felt I was on klonopin too long and shouldn't have been on it that long. And if it ever gets to point again I would defintely use if it I had to again. God bless everyone one of you. Having a mental illness is not easy but just know that it will get better and eventually the sun will come out again. If one medication doesn't help don't give keep trying until you find something that works for you. Not all medications work the same for everyone but eventually you find something that works for you.

Related Reading: wellbutrin | depression | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 02

I have been stuggling with postpartum depression/anxiety afer my son was born 6 months ago. My anxiety was so bad that i had a breakdown and had to be admited inpatient to a stress center. After a month of being on Xanax as needed and paxil I felt like I was getting worse. I was waking up with severe anxiety and that would turn into a tailspin of crying and extreme panic! Not fun. I finally found a medical professional who knows what she is doing. She is a physiciatric NP. She put me on Klonopin .5mg am/bedtime and she is weaing me off Paxil to the Zoloft. Let's just say I went from histeria on Tuesday morning to calmness upon waking this morning. I am sleeping well also. I expect to be on Klonopin until I am well on Zoloft and then taper off. If you take yourself off of Klonopin by yourself cold turkey of course your going to feeling it. Make sure you are with a physciatrist who knows meds and there side effects and how they will react with you personally. Good luck with everyone else out there, I know it stinks being on medicine but, at least we have these options.

Related Reading: postpartum depression | stress | paxil

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 04

I have anxiety really bad from life alterating situations that have happened in the last 2 years which were very hard for me to cope with. I would cry from frustration because I was so full of anxiety that I could not do the most simple everyday tasks. I couldnt sleep, eat, or go to work and I love my job. I started taking klonopin which actually gave my body a rest, and calmed me so I was able to function again. I am on .5 mg which is perfect for me. I also started going to therapy which worked wonders....

Comment from: karkee, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 02

After being told I had a Genernal Anxiety and Panic Disorder I was put on Klonopin .50mg. And it works wonders. It has totally made my way of life better and I don't know what I would have done with out it. One of the most effective medications I have ever taken.

Comment from: mooty, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I've been on this drug for about 4 months and cannot express how much it has helped me with the panic attacks and sleepliness. I went a whole year with no sleeping and suffering horrible panic attacks all night long. Since being on it I no longer suffer from either of these symptons. I finally feel human again!

Comment from: T, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 06

It worked for the panic attacks for a few months; I am trying to get off it and am having terrible side effects including: cannot stay asleep for more than two hours, vomiting, shaking, memory loss. I just want to feel normal again.

Comment from: Booklady51, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 07

I have tried various medictions since a traumatic incident in my teen years. Clonazepam has worked for me for over 2 decades despite the fact that supposedly it would stop working at the same doze I have not had this experience and it has improved my life and its quality immensely.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.