Klonopin User Reviews

Klonopin - User Reviews

Klonopin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Klonopin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sml1read, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 21

I have used 2 mg. of Klonopin every night before bed for the last 10 years. It has completely cured my insomnia, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and reduced the frequency of my migraines. I was able to eliminate 4 other meds by taking only the Klonopin. I have no side effects, although I understand some people feel tired in the mornings.

Related Reading: insomnia | irritable bowel syndrome

Comment from: damien712, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 12

I was first prescribed Xanax back in 1985 for general anxiety with panic attacks. It worked fine but he felt I would do better with Klonopin so I have been taking it for many years now. As far as addiction is concerned . I am not. The point is that with it I function like someone without excessive and abnormal anxiety. Without it my life is a mess. There were a couple of medications that worked and were not addictive however in one case with the medication Nardil I felt really strange and even at the age of 37 there was no way I could ever attain an erection. The other medication amoxapine caused my heart beat to increase from a normal of 60 to almost 90. With Klonopin no problems . I am 60 years old now and have been on the same dose of Klonopin for decades . My life is good and normal. Have two sons 16 and 20. A wonderful wife as well. So I say do not worry about addiction if you are having crippling anxiety with panic attacks. Just as a diabetic may need insulin some of us for whatever reason need some kind of a benzodiazipine such as Klonopin. Generally considered quite safe. So why worry about something that really is not a problem. Life is too short so we need to take advantage of what medical science provides . I realize nothing is perfect and to take a medication is a personal decision. Also it effects your loved ones. I just feel that I want a life without excessive abnormal anxiety. So I will be taking it as long as I live no doubt.

Related Reading: Nardil | amoxapine

Comment from: onefootinfrontoftheother, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

I have taken Clonazepam (Klonopin) for over 4 years. I initially was started on 0.5mg 2x a day every day for a year and then started taking Lexapro with it. I continued to take the Clonazepam for another year with the lexapro then decided to wean myself of the clonazepam and just take in on an as needed basis. It works wonderful for a "PRN" (as needed) drug. I probably take it once or twice every two months and during those times I will take it for 3 or 4 days and then stop and go about my routine till I feel the need for it again. My anxiety has been greatly under control, it's just every once in a while it creeps up on you and you feel like you can't function. It's these instances when clonazepam works wonders. I hope this helps all those with anxiety issues. I would not recommend this drug on a "full-time" basis. I think it is a great drug to be used in conjunction with another SSRI or SNRI until one that is found that works. Once the SSRI or SNRI is found to work, the person should wean themselves off this med and then just use it as an as needed medication.

Related Reading: Lexapro

Comment from: clay, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 25

My Doctor prescribed this and It is HELL to get off of it. I ran out and called in for a refill. My MD will not refill it untill I see him for a simple "med check up" All I ever say is fine and he writes the RX. This time it is three weeks away and I am going through sever withdrawal symptoms. I have been on this drug for over five years and don't recommend it. STAY OFF OF IT. I think it should only be available for a very short term use.

Comment from: pixie23, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

good for panic attacks

Comment from: catscorner, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 04

For years, I struggled with panic disorder. Clear back in the 70's, I had my first panic attack. THEN, no one believed in drug treatment for panic attacks. No one understood them. I struggled for almost 18 years with panic attacks and in all of this, it affected my marriage, which ended. I fist had Klonopin in the early 90's and my life has been different ever since. Had it not been for this drug, I truly believe I would have been housebound still today. I take 1 mg. 3 times a day and it's amazing what it's done for my life. I've traveled, flown on planes, done things with my kids, LIVED life. I use Klonopin with an antidepressant and my life is VERY good!

Comment from: kmcworker, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 29

Every doctor that I went to over the course of 12 years continued to refill Klonopin, never telling me of the addictive nature of the drug. I had to go to detox and treatment and was told that Klonopin will remain in my central nervous system and brain for 8 - 18 months after stopping. I also had to take medication for the first 2 weeks to keep from having seizures.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.