Lac-Hydrin User Reviews

Lac-Hydrin - User Reviews

Lac-Hydrin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lac-Hydrin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: annie, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 17

I used Lac-Hydrin for keratosis and very dry skin, and found it to be immediately effective with no side effects. Insurance will not cover it saying it is the same as OTC Amlactin. They are most definitely not the same - Amlactin did not help so I pay full price to get Lac-Hydrin 12%.

Related Reading: Lac-Hydrin | dry skin

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 16

My heels crack and become painful. This always clears it up immediately.

Comment from: Nicole, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 15

My son has extremely dry skin and we suspect that he may have inherited ichthyosis from my father. We have tried several different types of lotion, both prescription and OTC, and nothing helped. We used this once and could tell an immediate improvement. Great stuff!

Comment from: Pandorah, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

The dryness has turned into shedding of the skin, new growth growing, but extremely painful. Don't know if this is from a nervous condition or just scaley.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 02

I am 56 years old and have X-linked ichthyosis,and have used Lachydrin 12% Ammonium Lactate Cream since 1982. It is the best alpha hydroxy cream on the market and relieves itching and dry skin. In my opinion, the generic Amlactin does not have the same beneficial affects Lachydrin has. It is my cream of choice and recommend it highly.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Joe303Monroe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

The lotion works satisfactorly; however, it is loaded with a large amount of fragrence that gives me a headache. If I could find another lotion with the same actives and did not have the fragrence, I would use it.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Joyce, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 15

The doctor prescribed it for itching and so I used it all over my body. I'm nauseated and was up every hour last night for some reason. I am lactose intolerant is there any connection?

From WebMD