Lacrisert User Reviews

Lacrisert - User Reviews

Lacrisert User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lacrisert sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Twila, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 24

Lacrisert has made my life so much better. With them, I can get about 8 to 10 hours a day symptom free. After that, they begin to lose effect. I have Sjogrens. I have punctal plugs and was using drops all day long. Now I only use drops occasionally. Huge improvement!

Related Reading: Lacrisert

Comment from: bearbone82, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

I have been using the Lacrisert for about 4 weeks and have been pleased with the results. The only side effect that I seem to have is that my nose runs constantly. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so have you found a solution? At this point the relief from the dry eye far outweight the runny nose.

Comment from: rauhkat, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 22

I had used Lacriserts in my eyes for Sjogrens Syndrome since the late 80's. Then they quite making them. My eyes have gone through a trama time while using other products plus having my tear ducts plugged. I just learned that there is now a generic out and I am excited. I will be using them again. They will save my sight.

Comment from: dmf63, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been using Lacriserts a few months for treatment of dry eye caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. It takes about 6 hours before they become effective, but my eyes feel much better all afternoon. I can actually go several hours without drops.

Related Reading: Sjogren's Syndrome

Comment from: Bev, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 16

I have sjorgens and I don't know what I would do without lacriserts. They are the only things that work. I am able to live a normal life with them. I have had my ducts plugged and even my own blood drawn to make a serum to put back in my eyes. Nothing works except lacriserts. I am so thankful for them.

Comment from: merrymary, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 08

This is the only thing that gives me any relief from my dry eyes associated with Sjogren's Syndrome. Much more effective than Restasis. I put them in every morning and don't think about them or notice them all day. If I forget them, my eyes are burning by lunchtime so much that I can't read or drive. It takes a little practice to get used to putting them in, but probably no more than contact lenses. The worst problem I have with them is having them fall off the applicator before I get them in my eyes.

Related Reading: dry eyes | Restasis

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 03

I had lasik in 2007, and have had dry eye since. These inserts make my eyes really red, and irritated. Still not 100% convinced about there effectivness

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 24

I have used this for 20 years to treat my dry eyes caused by Sjogren's Syndrome. It makes the quality of daily life much better.

Comment from: Barbara, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 24

Lacriserts have given me back my life. Before I used them, I was in too much pain to read or use a computer. I wore dark goggle almost all day. I still wear dark glasses at time now, but I am so much better with Lacriserts.

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 22

Extremely uncomfortable to place in, and keep in the lower eyelids. Easily comes out, if you sneeze, or gently rub eye. Produces very sticky tears, and when removed, the eye is excessively dry. A very bad experience with them. I used them for about 3 months hoping for some relief of my chronic condition.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.