Lamictal XR User Reviews

Lamictal XR - User Reviews

Lamictal XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamictal XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: VALCRAW, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 02

i HATE THE SHAKING,AND I LOSE MY BALANCE ALOT.

Comment from: megs, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

I have temporal lobe epilepsy in my left temporal lobe and I suffer simple partial seizures. I took Keppra for years and it worked wonders but turned my memory to mush. My doctor recommended Lamictal. Right now I take it along with my Keppra. I don't particularly care for Lamictal, it makes me a little jumpy and it gives me a feeling of artificial happiness ( if that even makes sense). I am a happy person. My seizures are increasing as the Keppra is decreased and the Lamictal is increased. I think I will stick with Keppra, eventhough my doctor thinks I should stick with the Lamictal. I also have trouble finding the XR, and it takes my pharmacy a week to get it.

Related Reading: Keppra | Lamictal

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

I experience complex partial seizures as a result of a non-malignant spot on my brain. I started taking Lamictal XR and it was WONDERFUL for about the first 4 months. Then all of a sudden my seizures came back with a vengeance. I was having them several times a day. My neurologist doubled my dosage. That was about 4 months ago. Since then my seizured happen about once a month. I just don't want them to happen at all. This is the only medication I've ever had for this condition so I don't know if this is good or not but I still get seizures so I'd say overall I'm not completely satisfied, but it has definitely made a tremendous difference.

Related Reading: Lamictal XR

Comment from: ambra, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

My neurologist diagnosed me with complex partial seizures resulting from a lesion on my right front temporal lobe. The orange starter pack was awesome. Little to no side effects and worked like a charm. All good until I went to fill my first prescription. No pharmacy seems to carry this in stock, but they were able to order it...for a $75 copay as there is no generic available. I will be discussing other options with my doctor since this one isn't in the budget. It's unfortunate because this stuff is a really good fit for me. Hopefully there's something else out there that will be as well.

Comment from: poetnoknowit@cfl.rr.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

Seems to work well, but also take Keppra XR and two others plus VNS. Have had 2 recent tonic clonic and some other minor but could have been worse.

Related Reading: Keppra XR

Comment from: stewdaniel, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have partial seizures. I was on Zonegran which made me severely depressed. I switched to Lamictal XR one tablet in am & 2 @ bedtime. I had another seizure about two weeks ago. Dr.'s since then raised my Lamictal XR to 2 tabs in the am & 2 tabs @ bedtime. We will see how that works. I am starting to get the smell AGAIN right before I have another seizure. No weight gain and no depression with this medication. Time will tell....

Related Reading: Zonegran | seizure | depression

Comment from: tammy33, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 09

It's made me able function again.

Comment from: Jadeland, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 04

It works very well at controlling my seizures. I have not had any since being on it. But makes me nauseous in the morning and a bad headache in the afternoon. The worst symptom is grinding my teeth and tensing the muscles in my head and face. This may explain the headaches. I noticed no one else has mentioned this. Am I the only one???

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Brittany720, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 05

I have partial seizures that don't happen too often but they suggested that I take medication for it. I also have bipolar amd post dramatic stress syndrom. They decided to kill two birds with one stone. It was working wonderful for me until the past 2 months I have had 2 seizures and my aggresion and irritabilty has gotten extemely worse. Now they have decided to put me on keppra for my seizures, but it has made me very drowzy. I quit smoking 2 months ago and this medication is making me crave ciggarettes.

Related Reading: stress | smoking

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.