Lamictal XR User Reviews

Lamictal XR - User Reviews

Lamictal XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamictal XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: edie55, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 23

This drug is extremely useful for someone who has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As a former anoretic, I am worried about drugs for bipolar symptoms that might make me gain weight (many of them list this as a primary side effect). I have not only not gained any weight, but this drug has helped me achieve a healthy, active lifestyle. In other words, this drug works. I don't take anything else for a diagnosed anxiety disorder and/or possibly bipolar disorder (it runs in my family and I definitely show symptoms). I would highly recommend this drug because it has few, if any, side effects. The only trouble is your doctor will have to start at a low dose because sometimes people have allergic/fatal recations. So be patient! While at first you may not notice a difference, if your body tolerates it, your doctor can gradually work up to a therapeutic dose. This drug helps tremendously!

Related Reading: bipolar disorder | anxiety

Comment from: BMW GIRL, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

I GOT A HORRIBLE RASH TWO WEEKS INTO USE OF LAMICTAL. I HAVE NEVER ITCHED SO MUCH IN MY LIFE. I HAD TO TAKE A ROUND OF PREDISONE TO GET BETTER. I WENT BACK TO TAKING TRILEPTAL FOR MY SEIZURES BECAUSE THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT OF IT IS WEIGHT GAIN WHICH IS BETTER THAN THAT RASH.

Related Reading: RASH | TRILEPTAL

Comment from: jen, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 28

I lost a fist full of hair within 28 days

Comment from: ariel125, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 17

I have complex partial seizures, and I take 400 mg Lamictal XR 2x a day, and 100 topamax at bed. I had some problems at the beginning, but I have trouble starting every drug I've ever used. It's worked really well w/ my seizures. I get some occasional dizziness and dehydration, which may actually be from the topamax.

Related Reading: topamax | dizziness | dehydration

Comment from: Michelle, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 08

I agree with the an earlier review. I have had problems with headaches, grinding my teeth and blinking my eyes alot, kinda like a tick. Which causes joint and jaw pain. I am also having problems with my memory and getting worse everyday. I actually forgot how old I was today. I told someone I was 2 years younger than I am.

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I was having what I thought was just a crash in suger and kinda crashing, but was diagnosed with partial seizures was put on this to take control of the seizures. While at first I thought it was working after thte after about 1 and 1/2 month I have been covered with a horrible rash with an ich that covered my body. I don't think it is really worth all this.

Comment from: grsmith5667, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

I began taking this medication about a year ago due to black-out seizures and rage. I haven't had ANY episodes since the start of the medication. I take 100mg 1x day, but I did have to start taking it at night as it made me drowsy... I take it with 50mg of benadryl at night and sleep better than I have in years.

Related Reading: benadryl | sleep

Comment from: seizing_beauty, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 17

200 mg daily with 300 mg topiramate daily for grand mal seizures; the topiramate seems to be controlling the seizures more than the Lamictal XR. Some side effects; main ones are major loss of coordination, some memory problems, achy muscles, loss of appetite, and hair loss. Otherwise, it isn't that bad of a medication, but is costly if you don't have prescription insurance.

Related Reading: hair loss

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.