Lamictal XR User Reviews

Lamictal XR - User Reviews

Lamictal XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamictal XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Cazzandra, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

I have seizures due to MS. Lesion on the wrong part of the brain kinda thing. I've been on this drug only 9 days and can't truly speak to it's total effectiveness but - wow. I still have seizures but not nearly as many therefore no new fractures. This drug DOES give me a boost of energy. I am wired for sound 15 minutes after taking it and it lasts about 10 hours. Pretty good boon for an MS patient. It does make me dizzier and a bit ditzier but I'll take that.

Comment from: Limami pc, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

It has helped by keeping me more balanced emotionally. Before I always dreaded the next morning because I didn't know how I would be feeling. Now I can predict my moods because they don't change so fast.

Comment from: rsoxforever, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

taking for bipolar 2, hypomania, interfering with bulimia trtmt. before this, i was manic and crashing several times a day, almost failing out of school, couldnt focus, resorted to behaviors such as b/p, shoplifting, cutting, etc to control my mood. after 2ish wks on this, felt much more stable and NORMAL- not acting like a nutcase and then having self-esteem crashes that make functioning impossible. im going thru a very stressful period right now i think that has triggered some of the problems ive been having with more manic symptoms, but its much better than it has been and im so glad i got over my fear of psychotropic meds. no weight gain, no hair loss, no rash, and trust me these worried me because im bulimic and by definition very vain and irrational about these sorts of things.

Related Reading: bulimia

Comment from: mrw, on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 17

can be suicidal for months without antidepresants and klonopin

Related Reading: klonopin

Comment from: Minry, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 29

Lamictal XR is very easy to take, and I have had no seizures in the year I have been taking it. I was on regular Lamictal before for a few years, also with no seizures, but had waves of slight dizziness, which the XR has eliminated. The only potential problem I have with this drug is that my memory is getting to be terrible, heading toward dementia symptoms. The other day I had run out of my meds, and didn't take it until about lunchtime. I was so clear headed and able to remember a list of four things to get at the store! That was so cool! That is when I began to suspect this med may play into my symptoms. Has anyone else had this problem?

Related Reading: dementia

Comment from: Michelle, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 02

My cocktail includes ... Lithium, Cymbalta, Seroquel, Topamax, a regiment of vitamins and supplements ... with Lamital ... I am stable and thirlty pounds over weight ... what do I choose ... skinny and out of control or life ... Michelle

Related Reading: Cymbalta | Seroquel | vitamins

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I have been taking this drug for about 5 months for a seizure caused my a lesion in my right temporal lobe. The lesion was removed a month ago, but I am still taking the drug for another six months. I have not noticed any side effects and I am quite happy with the results. I was previously on Keppra and that was the worst drug I have ever taken. Lamictal XR is a good fit for me. I have also had issues with it being in stock at my pharmacy...especially when I needed a 50mg pill.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 02

My 20 year old Autistic son started this medication four months ago and it has worked for him so far. He had tried 5 other seizure medications with horrible side effects. Lamictal has cause some weight gain.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.