Lamictal User Reviews

Lamictal - User Reviews

Lamictal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamictal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jag020372, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 19

I am writing this letter to express my sincere gratitude for this medication - it has changed my life. I recently began lamictal in treatment of bipolar disorder. I had been on SSRI antidepressants since around the age of 20. I thought they were working, but yet, I was still extremely depressed, anxious, and unpredictable in my behaviors. I cried all the time, became angry frequently, and felt out of control emotionally. I struggled to keep a job for longer than a year, stay in my marriage, stay focused on any one thing, or have any semblance of a balanced, healthy life. I was only ever offered SSRIs and I thought my life experience was the best it was ever going to be. I was addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, and food. I didn't realize how bad I actually was, until I started using the lamictal product in January of this year. Suddenly, who I was completely changed. This is my best self - the person I never imagined that I could be. My whole life has changed in ways I never thought possible. I don't feel so overwhelmed and tortured with guilt or depression. I am successful at work, I purchased my own home, I lost 50 lbs, and I am stable in many, many ways I never thought possible. I do attribute this to lamictal, because of the immediate and significant changes that I have experienced. The simple addition of this medication in my life has made these things possible. If I had known the person I could be under these conditions, things in my life would have been very different for years. I do not regret the past, as it is in the past, but I do look forward to my future so very very much more than I ever have. I have been able to start my life over in a more productive and healthy manner. I cannot say enough about this drug - it has saved my life.

Comment from: klgpoet, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 12

I have been on Abilify, Risperdal and Seroquel to name a few. I was on 10 meds at one time and still a mess if not worse. Now I take Lanictal, Klonopin and Rozerem, only three and my quality of life has improved drastically. My mood swings are lessened greatly and most weeks pretty nonivasive to my life activity. I think the Lamictal is primairly repsonsible. I am diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder, Anxiety Disorder and PTSD.

Related Reading: Abilify | Risperdal | Seroquel

Comment from: aedancerchick14, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

Lamictal has changed my life....and unfortunately...not for the better. I started taking Lamictal in 2002...and almost 7 years later I am still suffering the effects Lamictal has left on me. As a result of taking Lamictal,I developed Stevens Johnson Syndrome...this is the "rash" the doctor's might tell you about as a side effect. SJS however is far more than that. If you get this so called "rash" from Lamictal...it gives you a reaction that litterally makes your skin peel off and blister and cause your skin to have chemical burns from the inside out. This was an extremely awful and painful experience. Lamictal sent me to the burn center for 6 weeks and gave me a ventilator, because the skin on my lungs was sloughing off as a result of the medication and I couldn't breathe on my own. I would give anything to go back and never have taken Lamictal. Maybe for some people, when you have no other option, you might have to use it as a last resort..but for me their were so many other options. You also have to watch out for swollen lymph nodes this could be a sign that you are getting an allergic reaction. The chemical burns from the Lamictal made it so there were blisters in my eyes and now I have unbearable eye pain and eye problems. My eyes do not look normal I have redness pain, dry eye syndrome,(severe,I have to use eyedrops about 10-20 times a day) photophobia,trichiasis,blepharitis,droopy,swollen eyelids, and constant eye infections because of this. I have scars and have also lost all my fingernails and toenails because I lost my nail beds as a direct result of Lamictal. I also am very sensitive to hot and cold temperature and cannot be our for long periods of time. It is such a hassle and has hindered me in life. Now,if you are thinking, this happened to just one of those unlucky people who are one out of a million, you are wrong The risk is a lot higher than you think. It is 1/100. just please be careful and ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT STEVENS JOHNSON SYNDROME. God Bless

Related Reading: rash | burns | swollen lymph nodes

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 12

I have been on Lamictal for about 6 months, and have noticed a big difference in my moods, etc. I am currently taking 300mg to sleep better, as well as 50mg of Zoloft to make whatever depressive episodes, or excess stress, less strong. The only downside I've noticed is that I feel fatigued during the day. Overall, I am grateful for finally finding something that works!

Related Reading: sleep | Zoloft | stress

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.