Lamictal User Reviews

Lamictal - User Reviews

Lamictal User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamictal sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Drum and Bass, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 13

I was first diagnosed with depression which turned out to be very wrong as things got so bad with taking an anti-depressant that I start getting sucidal thoughts and was crying all the time. Finally, I did my own research and went and saw a mental health doctor that was able to diagnose Bi-polar disorder extremely fast. Lamictal was the first and only drug I have ever tried for bi-polar and it makes such a difference that I was shocked. I can't beleive how many years I went thinking my moods were normal. No more mania where my thoughts race and no more crying either. I noticed 12 hours or so after taking the pill it must wear off or something becaue my thoughts become fuzzy again. I now take the pill first thing upon rising and it works fine. No other side effects really, but if I forget to take the pill for even one day, I do feel a difference. If you are truly bipolar then give it a shot. My doctor informs me it's one of the best drugs for bipolar patients as it has very few side effects. I have been on the drug for a couple years and can't beleive how much better things are.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

I've used everthing under the sun for my Bipolar disorder and anger issues. This by far is the best I've ever taken. I'm very happy now but my hyperactivity has increased though its a good thing in my opinion.

Comment from: ET, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been misdiagnosed for almost 20 years. I have been severely depressed and at times suicidal. Then I would have small manic phases. I thought I was crazy! After about 10 days on this medicine, I feel like a new and very different woman! I am loving life and my family has seen an amazing turn around in my mood and outlook on life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I have read a lot of the reviews and I must say i am exrremely grateful after 30 years of being misdiagnosed and medicated that i feel normal for the first time. I have decluttered my whole house effortlessly, organized things that I never seemed to be able to do.I did try I managed to get all A's in a sw master's program 20 years ago i wanted to help others and understand myself.It was exhausting. Infact everything I ever achieved was never as far as I dreamed and took a lot out of me to function.Now I hope this lasts because Everyday that goes by and i am able to keep going forward with organizing dealing with life calmly and most importantly enjoy spending time with my son. I would be out of it and have to go to bed or so caught up in something that i was there but not really.I am able to move forward with friends, events, tasks and routines. I believe drinking smoking not get enough sleep, hormonally unbalanced (I was) stress and not having a healthy life style w food and exercise,lower the chances of having great success with any drug. after 2 months on this drug, i had a glass of wine I haven't had any alcohol in months I had a migraine body aches foggy brain. I got over it . Some people say that coffee alcohol cashews and chocolate need to be cut out.The chocolate gets in once in a while, coffee too but i mostly drink decaf, I am going forward and not looking back at what I created because of promises broken no shows, paranoia and just not functioning so many dreams crushed friends lost. I value my mental functioning more than anything and love this new found freedom and ease in my ability to be in the world I have just performed my music. Passionate lyrics and music i have written over the years i can do it now. I hope to keep new friends and hopefully my family will gain respect and understanding when they see me functioning consistently at such a higher level.I wish all of you the same.Would like to know your stories. May I always feel this way.

Related Reading: smoking | migraine

Comment from: yourcallingcard, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 16

Went to doctor 2 years ago for depression and they perscribed prozac/fluroxine. It worked good for 8 months then it pooped out. Then i went back because depression symtoms came back stronger than ever. Then he perscribed effexor xr. While on effexor I lost my job and thought i was loosing my mind i was going crazy. Effexor has dangerious side effects that are terrible for a bi-polar person. I went back. He said that poopout is common with bi-polar people. He wouldnt comment on the effexor side effects. He gave me the bi-polar/seisure drug lamictal. Said it works for both. Been on it for 4 months. Practically no side effects and no more being tired. And feel level headed. Without the manic moods. Even though I liked the up's without the downs. This Lamictal is good stuff. I split my dosage to 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. Works better for me. I give it 5 stars. The depression is 95% gone and the mood swings are 99% gone. Does not help with weight gain. But thats more mind over what you eat. I feel alot better than i have in the last 13 years now. Was a long bumpy road finding out the right drug. But it works great now. If anyone would like to write and discuss their problems. My ears are open. Write me at yourcallingcard@hotmail.com subject: Bipolar

Related Reading: effexor xr

Comment from: melkelley68, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

It helped me a great deal with my bipolar/manic depression. I don't feel as manic, and feel more calmer.

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.