Lamisil User Reviews

Lamisil - User Reviews

Lamisil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamisil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

I am a critical care RN who is very suspicious of any medication. But I used this for 3 months every day for toenail fungus that I have had for 10 years. Now 3 weeks after my 3 months my toenail fungus is going away(nail is growing out normal). I had no serious side effects but was very careful and did not take any other medications or drink any alcohol during my treatment period. It's important to take as directed and to decrease your risk of liver failure by not ingesting alcohol or other medications because that increases your liver's workload. Also if you have any liver dysfunction to begin with like hepatitis do not take this medication. I had no loss of taste. At the beginning of treatment I had some stomach symptoms like gas, diarrhea but it went away after a couple of weeks. I would give it 5/5 stars but I don't know if it has worked completely yet.

Related Reading: liver | hepatitis | diarrhea

Comment from: stonecoldtwa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 15

I took lamisil a few years ago, I had very bad fungus in my toenails and the bottom of my feet were so dry that they would crack and bleed. I took the meds for three months and the bottom of my feet became soft and smooth before I even stopped taking it. After stopping the meds my toenails grew out and now two years later my feet and toenails are pretty much perfect! (No side affects whatsoever!) Worked great for me.

Related Reading: lamisil

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

within 24 hours of taking the first pill...i was already healing and the progress has continued

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 27

I have taken the generic for 2 months and my toenails have almost cleared completely but have now started to itch. My next 30 day treatment would be after 30 days off. My Dr did tell me if I wore any of the shoes I had worn when I had the nail fungus I would get it again. He said the only thing to do would be was to get rid of them (all shoes I had worn) or to try to use a foot spray to treat the inside. He said he knew it wasn't something women wanted to hear but the fungus would continue to live in the shoes because of the moisture from our feet even in sandals. And to stay away from nail salons that I didn't know very well and that didn't have very high state health scores.

Comment from: mailstud, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been taking this drug for over a year and it hasn't done anything for my toenail fungus. In fact, I think maybe I took it for too long a time as I read where it shouldn't be taken more than 2 months because the effect it could on your liver. My doctor and my pharmacy did not tell me this during that period of time.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 12

I stated taking the generic form of Lamasil about seven weeks ago. After about two weeks, I lost ALL sense of taste and had horrible metallic/salt taste in my mouth. I stopped taking the pills at week six (one week ago) but still cannot taste. I am sincerely hoping that my taste returns within a short amount of time. As with some of the other comments I have read, I am losing weight because not tasting anything is awful, plus what you do eat tastes like paste. I will never take the drug again!

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 18

This does cure nail fungus. However, it is very dangerous. It can kill you. It feels awful to take. I am generally weak, get dizzy when I stand up too quickly, etc. It doesn't feel good to do strenuous exercise, which I like to do. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that cures this type of problem. Someone needs to fix that.

Comment from: sjirishguy@aol.com, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

took it for 3 months nails cleared up great 7months later fungus is back damn!!! well ill try it again also now there is a generic for lamisil.

Comment from: J13185, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 14

I took the generic form, Terbinafine. It worked very well. You take it for 3 months. I started seeing a change in a month, and now it's been four months since I've taken it. I had the infection in 3 toenails, now 2 of the toenails have completely healed and my big toe has just the tip that is still healing. My doctor says it could be a month till it's all gone. But it's not even noticeable. I didn't have any side effects while taking this medication at all, and all of my liver tests came back good.