Lamisil User Reviews

Lamisil - User Reviews

Lamisil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lamisil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: sb, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

I took Lamisil for 6 weeks. At first, I suffered diarrhea and nausea but didn't connect it to the drug. Then, I started getting an intermittent tingling in my hand. After about 3 weeks, certain foods didn't taste good. Then finally, I couldn't taste food at all, my tongue tingled and I had a very nasty salty taste in my mouth. I also felt very irritable and edgy...just not well. I stopped taking the drug almost 3 weeks ago. Although the tingling has stopped in the hand, I still can't taste food and my tongue tingles. I've read that some people have yet to get their taste back after a year. I hope mine returns and the nasty taste that's always presents eventually subsides. I regret taking the drug.

Comment from: Jetta, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 20

Yes it is highly effective. My toenails looked horrible. Warped, yellowed, deformed, disgusting. I mean they were so bad I was thinking surgical removal was the only option. Had been living with toe fungus for over 10 years. Finally got a prescription for Lamasil and was instructed to take one each day for 90 days, and I did, although I had to be very careful not to miss a dose. Within 3 weeks I began to see a change, the talons were growing out and being replaced with clear, healthy nail. After 90 days most of my toes had replaced the infected nail and for the forst time in over a decade I had normal, clear nails again. The big toes take the longest, the infection is still present in about 1/4 of them but it sgould be gone within 2 months. Overall extremely satisfied and impressed. No side effects at all. Highly recommend.

Comment from: monikaw, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

Lamisil actually put me in the hospital due to a severe skin rash. intraveneuos steroids over a period of 3 days was the only thing that took care of the rash. I think that the FDA really needs to take a closer look at this drug. There are too many bad reactions people could have such as liver problems to losing taste buds. This stuff is scary.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: vickijo8, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

only on this med for 3 weeks lost all sense of taste. it has been three weeks since I went off and still no taste. I am depressed, weak from not eating and have lost 15 lbs. the sad part is the Dr. says I wasn't on the Medicisne long enough for it to even work. I am sorry I ever tried it

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 16

After using for about 5 weeks, I have lost most of my taste. My Dr. said to stop taking it. When will I get my taste back. I have been off it for about 1 week. It seems better, but still has a long way to go.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

I had a great experience with Lamisil. I'm a 26 year old male who had 4 infected nails for about 8 years. I started taking Lamisil in October, and by early November I started to see new clean nails begin to grow in. I had no problems at all with my liver function, I was even able to drink moderately on the weekends with no issue (though obviously not recommended) I've been off Lamisil for about a month now and all 4 of my nails have just finished growing out perfectly clean. I wish I would have done this sooner.

Comment from: ellenm, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been taking lamisil for nearly 2 months now. I haven't really seen any change in my toenails..yet. My sense of taste is significantly altered as of about 2 weeks ago. Water even tastes funny. I have a persistent metal taste in my mouth. It is not very pleasant. I was wondering if I could switch over to a topical treatment and stop the oral med.

Comment from: Tsrig, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 04

I had darkening toe nails that looked very unattractive. Me wife made me see the doctor for to see if there was something that could help. I did not want to use medication because of possible side efects.I must say after 3 months I see tremedous results and finished taking the meds orally. It should continue to work over time.My 12yr. old daugther had nail fungus also, she used the meds before I did and she is very happy with the results of the meds.

Comment from: besusan016, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

I took this medication for a couple of weeks and developed a very itchy rash all over my torso, arms & legs. I stopped taking the meds and I continue to have the rash. This medicine's benefits do not outweigh the side effects. Be cautious when choosing this medicine over alternative treatments.

Comment from: KelliW, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

I've been taking Lamisil for about a month now and have had no side effects. It has even helped my atheletes foot that I haven't been able to get rid of. Nail is already starting to grow out and looks good so far. I had infection on 3 toes on one foot. Big toe was the worst. My dr. ordered blood tests before I started taking med to monitor my liver and have to repeat it in 6 weeks. Hope the next 2 months go as good as the first.