Lantus User Reviews

Lantus - User Reviews

Lantus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lantus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: philip, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 28

I have had great results with this, since I was diagnosed 11 months ago I have been on numerous different medications. My A1C b4 beginning this was 10.4, but now my b/s stays in the low to mid 100's 2 hours after a meal with a lower carb meal plan. The only problem I've had is getting properly adjusted, I take 28 units a day and have dropped below 70 and became disoriented twice, but lower dosages than that don't seem to work near as well. I cannot wait until I get my next blood results in a couple months because I finally feel as though I've gained control of my blood sugar. I hope this helps some of you.

Comment from: Lynnette, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

Lantus has kept my blood sugar under control. I'm in normal limits now. Its never let me down. Its sooo easy to use juck a click and your done! The small needle makes it totally painless. I've had no side effects. I reallly recomend lantus to everyone with diabetes who need insulin. Lantus has lasted for a full 24 hours for me. Its important to get your correct dose with lantus.once you have your correct dose it works perfectly! It dosent cause low blood sugar either like other insulin because it doesn't peak. I give it a all star rating! Lantus really works for me!

Related Reading: Lantus | diabetes

Comment from: James, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 08

I've used Lantus for Seven years without even one problem. Just remember,Lantus is a time release insulin. so if i'm going to eat a big meal, i take a little Humalog about 20 minutes before i eat, so my blood-sugar won't spike."I have a 110 ave." 54

Related Reading: Humalog

Comment from: Net, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 07

I use lantus solo star pen for my injections. It has been amazing at controling my high blood sugar! The pen is extremely easy to use and mostly pain free. After priming the pen you must make sure there is not any insulin left on the tip of the needle or this will cause a stinging sensation at the injection site. This is the only time I've found lantus to be uncomfortable to inject. So if you make sure after prime the needle tip is clear of insulin, the injection will be toatlly painless! Also make sure your pen is at room tempature before injection. Lantus pen is much more convient than an insulin vial and syringe. You just dial your dose in a clearly seen window and it delievers your percise dose! No more drawing up from a vial! The needle is so small its been painless! I love the pen , its so descret you can take it anywhere and it looks like a marker pen! All in all for me lantus gets a five star rating! I'm very satisfied with this product!

Comment from: Michelle, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 18

My blood sugar numbers were always high and I was struggling to control them then my doctor perscribed lantus solostar pen. Lantus keeps my blood sugar at normal levels now. I was actually amazed on how well lantus worked. Also, it is soo easy to use just change the needle tip with every usee.its ready to go.I recomend lantus to all diabetics. It has made a huge difference in my life.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

I take 80U of Lantus every night now. Started out at 40U which helped for awhile, but now everytime I go see my Doctor the dosage goes up, as my A1C's have been always high. Since increasing my dosage I have put on 30lbs, which I am not happy about. I also take 1000mg of metformin as well being on a sliding scale for Novalog. I eat smaller meals now and to a certain point I try to avoid eating if possible as my bloodsugars will go through the roof.

Comment from: 19 years on insulin, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

I have been on lantus for 5 years the night sweats were so bad i would change my night wear up to three times a night, and bedding. Blood suger was fair but the side affects were too much.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: rrwingert, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I'm taking 100units every evening and bg still 240 or greater in am have been counting carbs and using novolog sliding scale with meals as well have had some sugars over 300. Just don't think this is working for me maybe need to go back to my old NPH doses

Related Reading: novolog