Lantus User Reviews

Lantus - User Reviews

Lantus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lantus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lanyus junkie , 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 24

I have had prety good results with this med only negative is it burns when going in and can be painful at injection site for a hour or so..

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: JDF, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I have experienced fatigue, depression,chills and blood sugars are inconsistent; not stablized.

Related Reading: fatigue | depression

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

I was diagnosed with Type 2 about 10 weeks ago. Dr. put me on Lantus. I am taking 24 units each night (and Humulin in the a.m. if glucose is below 150 per dr.'s instructions). So far, I've only needed the Humlin four times. Lantus seems to do a nice job keeping my glucose levels under control. Occasional spikes and lows seem to be attributable to diet choices and exercise patterns. My only minor complaint is that my skin sometimes stings at the injection site, but this goes away within a few minutes. Since taking Lantus, I also sometimes experience significant sweating in my sleep - so much so that it drenches my shirt (although I cannot be sure this is attributable to Lantus, and not some other medications I began taking around the same time).

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

Up to 25mg at night of Lantus, Plus 100mg Glucophage and 10 Glucatrol. No change in high (250+) sugar readings.

Related Reading: Glucophage

Comment from: TeresaJo, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 19

I am taking 50 units of Lantus and it is not helping control my sugar at all.

Comment from: steveh3226, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

Been Taking Lantus for almost 2 months now and still not regulating my Sugar started with 20 units Daily now up to 40 Units and sugar still fasting in the morning is well over 200 sometimes over 300

Comment from: osusana, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 28

I had hypoglycemia nearly all my life which switched to Diabetes 2 when I reached menopause. I started on Metformin 500mg 4/X day. If I stick to an Atkins diet, I can control my BS but I'm addicted to sugar. My BS increased to 400-500 eating sweets and carbs and I started on Lantus. I'm now taking 40 units a.m. and 30 units p.m. I initially used the Pen but I had two of them jam up and I switched to the vial and syringe. PROS: None that I can think of. If I stick to low carb, BS in <150 but probably would be without the insulin. CONS: 1. I gained 15 pounds in 2 weeks after starting and I was losing weight at that time. 2. Water retention. 3. Intermittent chills without fever (I noticed this on another posting and didn't connect it). Increase in resting pulse by 20 points and I worry about congestive heart failure with the fluid retention and faster heart rate. No known heart disease at this point. POSSIBLE SYMPTOM RELATIONSHIP: Some difficulty passing urine. Intermittent anxiety. Joint pain. I'm also concerned about the cancer relationship study. The preservative, cresol, is a carcinogen.

Related Reading: hypoglycemia | menopause

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 14

I've been on Lantus in conjunction with my humalog. I take it at night. It significantly aids me in controlling by blood sugar. If there is a problem it's because I'm not controlling my diet.

Comment from: okjoe, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 15

Diagnosed 2 year ago placed on Lantus/ Humalog 6 months ago. Some effect, dropping from "normal 380-500" range to fasting of 210-295. Very expensive for very little results. No assistance as I am on medicare.In donut hole, costs over $1000 a month. Not good for me. Will settle for old 380-500 range.

Diabetes