Lantus User Reviews

Lantus - User Reviews

Lantus User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lantus sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Laverne Moody, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 04

Ihave been taking Lantus isulin pen injections for over a year,(10 units @ bedtime)with 2 tablets of glyburide each morning & my blood glucose has only been 200 twice & that was because I had eaten too much cake over the holidays.

Comment from: Bill K, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 26

Type two, I have used Lantus for two months, it's easy and it has dropped my level from 280 to 105 on average. I started out with 10u, settled on 32u with no problems.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 12

I have been a diabetic (type 1) for 34 yrs and this works good for me I only take 10units and morning and 10 units at night.....YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU EAT!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont eat right then your blood sugars will not be right !! lows and highs !! i USE 1 UNIT OF NOVOLOG FOR EVERY 10 CARBS.. SO IF I EAT A BAGEL WITH CREAM CHEESE THAT IS APROX. 31 CARBS SO I TAKE 3 UNITS OF NOVOLOG. Look for this book "Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter" works GREAT. It has in this book, Diabetes Diet Guide and 200 fast food restaurants and every thing that you could think of in this book to look up the contents of it. AGAIN ITS ALL IN WHAT YOU EAT!!!!

Comment from: SpringMissy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 18

I am a "skinny" diabetic. Diagnosed at age 48, I used Metformin XR and Prandin for several years. Those quit working and after trying nearly every drug available, I resorted to Lantus along with Kombiglyze. The Lantus is working; so well that I have hypoglycemia during the night, a couple of times a month. In only 5 months I have put on 10 pounds inspite of INCREASING my strenuous exercise routine in an effort to keep the weight off. I plan to ask the Dr to consider another alternative as I cannot afford to replace my clothes and pay for my meds.

Related Reading: Prandin

Comment from: doggie, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 07

I keep increasing my Lantus and blood sugars do not go down much...Watching my diet and I think I'm gaining weight.......

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 31

This medication has worked very well to control my blood sugar, but I gained 45 pounds in 8 months after starting it. Not very happy about that.

Comment from: blue1985, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 01

I have been diabetic for almost 8 years and started using this insulin a couple years ago. I started out taking 14 units and I have been knocked down to taking just 4. I am concerned though because even with 4 units, I have to almost triple how much I eat before I go to bed. It is quite convenient because I only have to take it once every night before I go to bed, but the side effects can be crazy. In my opinion, this stuff is ridiculously strong.

Comment from: No name , 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

Startd med 2/21/11 Ihave taken 60 units my blood sugar has actually increased and hasnit droped below 210 in that time period I have had two of the listed rare sever side effects they are swetting and rashes also my blood pressure has drobed lower than has been my norm .with aresting heart rade of 80 my normal rate has been 70 and below I check my BP daily

Diabetes