Lariam User Reviews

Lariam - User Reviews

Lariam User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lariam sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Michigan, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 11

DO NOT under ANY circumstances take this medication! My father-in-law took this medication before taking a trip to Africa. A month after returning, has had several psychotic episodes and hallucinations do to this drug. He had no mental problems prior to taking this drug. This company is down-playing the horrible risk and side-effects this drug causes. Stay away from this medication!!

Comment from: carol, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 16

i took this in 1996 while going to live in thailand.within 7 weeks i was a wreak.panic attackk ,also had a convulsion.to my mind this drug caised all this and before all this i had never had any health problems.also noticed alcohol intolerance as in even after a couple of drinks i would suffer terribly the next day and i still do to this day

Comment from: Bigblue88, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 06

I took this drug when I went to volunteer in Africa for 6 weeks. It turned out to be a complete disaster for me. IT RUINED MY LIFE. What was supposed to be a special time for me was wrecked by Lariam. I had insomnia, troubles breathing, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, alchohol intolerance, liver damage, suicidal thoughts, and personality changes. I was not properly informed about these side effects when I was perscribed Lariam. DO NOT TAKE IT. Only a few people have these effects, but if you are one of those people it will wreck your life.

Related Reading: Lariam | insomnia | dizziness

Comment from: Lariam survivor, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 15

Took it in 2003 and found myself in a deep, dark pit that took me years to crawl out of. In addition to the usual symptoms, tinnitus, anxiety, panics attacks, etc, my emotions disappeared (except terror - that stayed). I guess you cannot imagine what it must be like not having emotions, until you experience it. And then pain disappeared. I could injure myself without feeling it.

Related Reading: tinnitus | anxiety

Comment from: Jeff, Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 17

My son went to Africa on a church missions trip and had suicidal psychotic episodes until we stopped him from taking any more of this drug. It is a horror.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 18

Suffered severe Anxiety, Depression and Paranoia while taking this drug. Took me many years to stop wanting to kill myself, let alone enjoy life at all. I had no previous problems with mental illness, but there is a history in my family. DO NOT TAKE this drug if you have a family history or any problems with mental illness yourself. It ruined as many as 10 yrs of my life.

Related Reading: Depression | mental illness

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 10

An extremely dangerous drug. Caused severe anxiety and depression to the point of becoming suicidal (of which I previously had no history). Terrible dreams, night sweats, nausea, etc. This drug is psychological poison.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: bowlhog27, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

SIDE EFFECTS I HAVE HAD MIGRANE HEADACHES SINCE I STOPPED TAKING IT, IT WAS GIVEN TO ME WHILE IN THE MILITARY AND HAVE NO IDEA OF THE SIDE EFFECTS. I AM THE ONLY ONE IN MY FAMILY THAT GETS MIGRANES SO THEY ARE NOT HERREDITARY. HHHMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.

This drug is awesome. I love drugs.