Lastacaft User Reviews

Lastacaft - User Reviews

Lastacaft User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Lastacaft sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worse possible itch, mine was a 9. Within minutes of applying the drops, I had total relief. It was too good to be true, but it really did work. Over the years I've had a lot of problems with itching in my eyes. This is the FIRST time I've found something that totally relieved the itching.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: sharpasice, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

I have dry eye which has been treated with mulitple medicines to no avail. Finally the Dr said try lastacaft maybe this will help. In the office I tried the sample. Immediate relief! In the five days since he gave me the script I have not had to use one drop of Dry Eye meds at all!!! It does not burn, itch or make my eyes tear, it does however, make your eyes feel strange, kind of like you just put a drop of menthol in your eyes, a cold feeling ..doesn't hurt in any way and goes away within 30 to 60 secs..This stuff is GREAT!!! My eyes have NEVER felt better!

Related Reading: lastacaft

Comment from: Bob Az, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

USING LASTACAFT WAS THE WORST MEDICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I was prescribed Lastacaft after ptosis and blepharoplasty surgery. Swelling persisted for 2-3 months but the surgeon said I was a "slow healer." I ran out of the drops and was doing OK at a follow-up when she insisted I resume. Shortly thereafter I developed a SEVERE allergic reaction that was eventually treated by a second doctor in the same shop with Prednisilone and Lotemax ointment ($125 for a 3.5 gram tube!!) and a visit a week, with no relief. Finally after two months of agony the doc says "Hey, you might be allergic to the Lastacaft!" I discontinued it and a week later all redness, swelling, tearing, and pain had vanished. What a bright boy he was to figure this out. Now surgery results look great, but I endured weeks of unnecessary torment. Moral of the story: Never combine active ingredient meds in case one masks another; don't be afraid of discontinuing immediately if a med doesn't work even if it was expensive. Oh, and look around for a new doctor who knows his rear end from a hole in the ground.

Related Reading: Lotemax

Comment from: Vicki V, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 09

Lastacaft has not been a good experience for me. I have used other eye drops for allergies in the past and my eye doctor prescribed Lastacaft on my last visit. My eyes only mildly are affected in the spring, but summer through fall, I'm usually pretty itchy and red. In the beginning, I didn't notice any change while using Lastacaft, but it was early in the season. I'm now in my 2nd full week of steroid eye drops after my eyes became so inflamed and red it was scary. The itching was intense. Lastacaft was not a good drug for me. I'm now back to the older, cheaper drugs and feeling much better everyday.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

When i put the eye drops in, my eyes stung then the next morning my eyes were red. Immedicately i call the Dr and stopped the use. $154 of my money wasted on a drug i used once.

Comment from: Heather, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

It's the first eye drop I've used to actually work wonders. I'de recommend it to anyone.