Letairis User Reviews

Letairis - User Reviews

Letairis User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Letairis sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: nancy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I just started taking letairis. I have been on it for about 3 weeks. I was previously on a study drug. It was not FDA approved. I have had what I thought was a cold for the last week or so, apparently it is a side effect of the drug. I am so glad we have access to WebMD.I have the warning paper they give you with this drug, but it uses alot of medical lingo I am not familiar with. Thank so much for this website.

Related Reading: letairis

Comment from: Karen, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 25

I have PH secondary to Scleroderma, Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, Portal Hypertension. I am on a single therapy of Letairis since 11/07 & have been doing great! I watch my salt & fluid intake and only take medications prescribed for me by my PH specialist. A recent heart catheterization shows my PH numbers to be the lowest they have ever been. I did experience some edema with the med, but was able to control this with careful diet and diuretics. I experienced some headaches at the beginning of my therapy & now take the med at night; so far, so good. All in all, taken in consideration with what other PH patients go through, Letairis has helped me tremendously. I was on Tracleer when I was first diagnosed, but that affected my liver. I also tried Ventavis, but decided that that therapy was not for me (the side effects were not worth the benefit in my case - but I did not see any improvement. Of course, for others, Ventavis may work fine. The most important thing for a PH patient is to be educated about their illness, advocate for themselves, and take the best care they can of themselves. Do not let PH define who you are; instead be who you are without the disease. There is hope with PH and I am proof of it. Letairis definitely helps me at this stage of my illness and has actually helped me to improve.

Comment from: jake1059, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 05

Have been on Letairis for several months - it is very expensive. To date I have shown no improvement in my condition. I will continue to take it in hopes there will be a change

Comment from: Gordon, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 05

This drug has been a miracle for me. Before taking Letairis, my PA was 90 measured with a heart catheter. Now it is down to 33!!! Now after a little over two years, I walk 2-3-miles 3-4 times a week, I have some edema but control it with mild diuretics. I was afraid to take this drug initially,because of the potential side effects, but when even the simplest tasks left me winded, I agreed to try it. Within two weeks I was walking without being winded, within one month I was walking 1 mile a day at lunch. Without this medication I am sure I would not have survived 2+ years.In addition to PAH I also have Cardiomyopathy. I am grateful for this medication and would advise anyone who suffers from PAH to try it.

Related Reading: edema | diuretics | Cardiomyopathy

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 29

This medication has worked wonders for me. It has done a better job of controling my Pulmonary Hypertension than Tracleer and has not effected my liver like Tracleer.

Related Reading: Pulmonary Hypertension | Tracleer | liver

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 07

My husband had been very ill for over 2years he is 40 years old since he has been taking this he has started to live again actually walked to the end of the street today this is a great drug !!

Comment from: JBen, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 05

I took this medication for 2 weeks and all of my joints were affected. This is not the usual reaction, but after not using it for about 5 days, my joints no longer were painful. Sure wish it had worked.

Comment from: suekamin@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 18

My PH is secondary to Scleroderma. I am on oxygen therapy and Ventavis. My doctor put me on Letairis one year ago. In that time, I had anemia (low red blood count),edema, palpitations, congestive heart failure, abnormally dry skin and went to the ER and was hospitalized 3 times before they determined that these were side effects from Letairis. I had been asking continually if the drug could be causing my problems; they finally agreed with me and I went off it 3 days ago. Many of my side effects have disappeared in that short amount of time.

Related Reading: Ventavis | anemia | palpitations