Levemir User Reviews

Levemir - User Reviews

Levemir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levemir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: redtnt528@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

Since I started taking this insulin, I have not felt the same at all. I first became very aggitated, and restless, sometimes staying up half the night into the early morning hours. Also had a fast heart rate. Then I noticed that I was having muscle weakness, feeling so tired that I could barely make myself stay awake. My Dr tells me that this is my bodies way of going through withdrawl...I have been going through withdrawl for 3 months now! I have never seen anyone go through anything like this after switching insulins before, and my whole family is diabetic! So am I crazy, or is he a quack? My A1C did drop from 8.7 to 6.9, but I keep having to up the dose of the insulins, and am bloated all the time. I am MISERABLE since Ihave been on this stuff! Is anyone else having these side affects?

Comment from: musquiz, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 07

Was put on this insulin by my provider to cut costs. A1C went from 7.25 to 9.7 in 3 months. I increased dose weekly cause my sugars stayed high all the time. I increased dosage from 36 units to 75 units and still had problems with blood sugar. It took about 9 months before I was able to go back to lantus. I'm back down to 39 units. I had no kidney problems before levemir and now have trace protein in my urine with blood. Prior to this I've been very fortunate with no problems for 50 years of insulin dependance. High blood sugar does kill.

Related Reading: lantus | levemir

Comment from: lizandskysmommy, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 02

its the only long acting insulin my insurance will cover and it does not work for me...no matter how much i take my blood sugar will not go below 200.i use a very fast acting insulin as well

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

i tried this after using lantus for years. lantus was peaking hard for me after a few hours. this med did not lower my sugars hardly at all. i went from 25 to near 50 units without decent results. i only take 25 of lantus. been diabetic for 25 years.

Comment from: Curtis, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 07

Been using for 3 years.Works pretty good for me,still have to watch what I eat and get some exercise or levels will go up.Like that its long lasting only one shot a day.I would have to take two shots with another insulin.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 22

morning fasting sugar my sugars on lantus @68 units was 90-120 my sugar on levemir @68 units is over 180-200. Stopped lantus because it hurt so much after the injection and I always bled levemir does not hurt and only occasional bleeding after. I called levemir and they said no one has complained about the high sugars before. they obviously dont read internet about their products. I have a call in now to my GP

Comment from: rich, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 02

since starting levemir i feel iritable i have severe hip pain and now feels like its traversing down into my knee generally feel weak ,insonomia, feel tired , dont feel like excercising because of the pain, i usually excercise 1 to 2 hrs a day glucose levels are sky rocketing unable to controll are now above 200 constantly.i'am now taking 50 unit 2x a day got a call into the doc for help didnt have any of these side effects on nph. i took lantus for a while it worked ok but lost my insurance.

Comment from: tower of power, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 24

been using for a month now and it is keeping my glucose readins below 110 . Hve to ralelky take any fast acting insulun

Comment from: wald2989, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 23

Have found the pen easy to use, though the injections are painful about 50% of the time. I've found that I bleed at the injection site as often as not.

Comment from: latonia, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

very good experience.it is the only one that has really kept my sugar under control.i just trying to find out is there a program that help gets this levemir when you don't have any medical coverage.

Comment from: lflan79337@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

sugar still way too high. also on oral meds now taking 60cc 2x a day.

Diabetes