Levemir User Reviews

Levemir - User Reviews

Levemir User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levemir sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Alphadog, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 19

I switched from Lantus 2 years ago because of painful injection at the site. I have had the best experience by taking 20u in AM and 20u PM. as long as I DON'T EAT High carb food within 2 hrs of sleeoing (that bedtime bowl of cereal had to go) I consistantly wake up with an 80 to 100 count. My A1C has also maintained 6.7 to 6.9. Very happy with product.

Comment from: sonny, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 24

On lantus before. Budget cuts put me on this insulin for 3 months now. A1C over three months went from 5.9 to 9.7. From 38 units of lantus to 86 and rising with levemir. Still can't control blood sugars.

Comment from: natasha, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

after the first week, started experiencing allergy: bright-read spots, fading in a day from other skin areas, but not going away at the site of injection. Itching all over. Sleep interruption. Heat intolerance. High Glucoze readings. Diarrea almost daily.

Related Reading: allergy | Itching | Sleep

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

since Istarted this my hair is falling out and it is hard to control my BS.I'm on 2 oral meds also.

Comment from: peter, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 16

I am suffering sever itching and it is interupting my sleeping patten, itching is around my crutch, midrift and back, creams do not seem to help a hot shower does help but a un able to do that a lot what can i do?

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 07

I have used this for more than a year, and my ACH has gone from the 7's to the 9's and has not improved. I will ask my doctor to go back to the old-fashioned Humalin N as the ACH used to be better.

Comment from: Frank, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 03

Have used both Levemir and Lantus. I find no difference in effectiveness. I take 15 units once a day and Humalog at each meal 3-5 units. Also take 2000 mg of metformin. HbA1c stable at around 7.2. Normally in the 100 to 200 range. Only over 200 if I eat a big meal or large snack. No problems with going too low. Works good for me.

Related Reading: Humalog

Comment from: tideflash, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 24

I have been using levimer for 8 months. I also use glimiperide and metformin pills. When I went on Levimer my blood sugar readings were as high as 390. Now they range from 114 average and as low as 85 if I have a very small meal in the evening. My weight has only fluctuated a few pounds. The injections using a needle and vial are usually okay but rarely will hurt if I inject into a harder muscular area of my stomach. I experience a little bleeding about 1 out of 5 injections.

Comment from: SPinHP, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

I've steadily gone up from 10 units to 60. 60 doesn't even work! My morning readings are 350 with this and 250 when I don't take it! Somebody please explain that! My A1c went from 7.1 to almost 11. THIS DOES NOT WORK!!!

Comment from: redbud, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

20 units 2x a day works so far. at 110-150 and feel better. at first when hitting 100 i felt faint. after 3 months i'm getting better results at 40 units total than i was at 50 units. i also take 2 500 mg metformin. no pain using pen , but i have a high pain tolarance. i was scaird of using needles and this pen reduced that fear very quickly exspensive and will put me in the doughnut hole quickly next year.

Comment from: PittyPat, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

Started taking Levemir 1/1/12. It has helped me to loose a few pounds. I find that if I eat more than I should, I get nauseaus (extremely) but if I eat smaller portions I don't get that feeling. So I am eating amaller portions and dropping some weight, a good thing for me. I will continue taking it, used to use Humalog every few hours, using the Levemir 1 sometimes 2 times a day. Made it through a whole month on just the 5 pen box--very unusal for me. It works for me, glad I was able to try it.

Diabetes