Levothroid User Reviews

Levothroid - User Reviews

Levothroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levothroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

The only problem I have had with this drug is that lots of my hair is falling out.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I have still continued being fatigued, cold, and many mood swings. My blood pressure has been high since using this medication and was just advised by my doctor to discontinue using this medication. I have only been on it for one and a half months and already seeing problems. My days very from being on a 'high' to being very 'low.' my high days go from three am when I wake up til nine at night when I go to sleep. My low days i have to encourage myself to get out of bed to go to work, and then they drag on til three pm at the latest. At that time I am so exhausted and wore out i dont even have the ambition to even shower before retiring to my bed. I also have Restless Leg Syndome and on my low days I have a lot of problems with my restless leg. This medication was very hard to work into my busy schedule also. I was taking it in the very morning when i woke up and could not eat until six am on my first break. Cutting dairy out of my morning breakfast was a big issue for me. Overall I am pretty unsatisfied with this drug and hope to start using a new one within the next month or so.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 16

Levothroid can be a bit difficult. My doc cant seem to find the right dose- when he gave me too much I was full of energy, kinda shaky, and losing my hair. Now that my dose has been lowered I am more tired. However, it hs definitely helped me lose weight, which is a good thing.

Related Reading: Levothroid

Comment from: Erica_kay, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 02

My whole life I suffered from always being cold, thin hair, brittle nails, etc all signs of under-active thyroid. In 2000, at 17yrs old I was diagnosed. Since taking this medicine my hair has become so much prettier and thicker. I don't have brittle nails and I don't suffer from being cold as much as I used(example: being outside at 17yrs old it's about 95 degrees and I'm walking about in jeans and sweatshirt but I'm comfortable while everyone else is in tanks and shorts sweating from the heat.) My depression I battle with is nothing like it was before my TSH levels became normal with taking Synthroid. Before taking Synthroid I did have a large weight gain and once my levels reached the 'normal' correct levels for my body I lost the extra weight with very little exercise(walking 2-4 miles 3 days a week) So my overall experience with Synthroid has been good although I am young to have this issue and will have to continue to take Synthroid for the rest of my days to help maintain my health. I'll admit getting my blood work done on a regular basis isn't always the greatest, but a requirement when treating Thyroid Disease.

Related Reading: depression | Synthroid | Thyroid Disease

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 16

When dose increased to 50 MCG(.05MG) extreme hair loss, oily hair, bloating of face, hives, swelling ankles, insomnia.

Related Reading: hair loss | hives | insomnia

Comment from: Crickey, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 13

Since I have been on this I have had uncontrolable sweating. Cold sweats all day and at night I have a hard time sleeping or getting comfortale because of the sweats. I can be doing nothing and I break out into a major sweat then I get cold.

Comment from: anna, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 01

The blood sugar levels went up,why?

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 09

The only hard part was remembering to take it on an empty stomach.

Comment from: MsNana, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 03

Through research of my own, I have found I can't use horseradish, soy, black and green tea or fluoride toothpaste. I have never been told by a doctor or pharmacist that I should not use these things,which I don't understand, but the medication works much better without them.