Levothroid User Reviews

Levothroid - User Reviews

Levothroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levothroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Judy, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 24

Still have a lapse in energy levels. Had thyroidectomy(partial) in 1982. Was hyper with hashimoto thyroiditis and graves disease. Extremely under weight and anxious with insomnia. Now over weight,Extremely and don'r seem to be able to get it under control.

Related Reading: thyroiditis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I have always been thin, but starting two years ago I started to slowly put on weight. I thought it was because I was getting older, but then the other symptoms starte. My Dr. checked my Thyroid all the time and I guessed it never showed, but the syptoms were so bad he thought it was MS. I had the worst headake that lasted for two mo to begin with, I was walking into walls, falling down, lossing movment in my limbs, forgetting things (like who I was, what I was doing, what I was going to say, how to talk/ spell), I couldnt get out of bed somedays, I was in the hospitial everyother week, my brain would just shut down on me, I would get tremors, twiches, and a few other mental things. Bottom line its a pain to wake up early to take and the fact you cant take your other meds tell 4 hours later is hard, but its worth it! This is the first time in 2 years I have felt normal and no more talks about MS, thank you GOD!!

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: imwtihstitch, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 09

After a national backorder on Armor and an insurance issue with Synthroid, I was put on 125 mcg Levothroid. At first it was fabulous. Energy went up, nails grew, skin wasn't dried out, but after about 6 months, my nails have all broken, my skin is super dry again...but thankfully my energy is still good. I am also starting to experience excessive sweating (when working out) and my balance is way off. Sometimes I feel like I'm being taped for AFV. After my initial diagnosis 10 years ago, I still have found a thyroid med that helps shed pounds, but Boot Camp is starting to help and I love it. Just had some labs done and it looks like I'm slightly overdosed now, so I'm sure the Dr. will adjust at the next appt. Overall, so far, I'm very pleased. I even take it at night with my other meds and seem to have no problems.

Related Reading: excessive sweating

Comment from: brenda, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

I feel hungry all the time

Comment from: M7O1M9@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 16

Taking 75-100mcg alternating days for one year and I have noticed no change at all in my energy levels and continue not to be able to lose any weight. Can't take any diet products or supplements so I think levothroid pretty much sucks!

Comment from: LindaGreff, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 15

I'm on the brandname - Synthroid, and the lowest dose possible. The only thing this medicine has done is change my T4 level -- no effect on lethargy, bradycardia (low heart rate), nails, hair, or dry skin. Also, I gained seven pounds when I started the med; doctor and pharmacist claimed water weight, but I can't lose it. But since my numbers are good, the doctor says it is working, won't change the dose. HA. I think that's a false positive result, only changing the T4 with no other discernible results.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: smarix1, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 08

I have been on the meds for 8 yrs now and the doctor still cant figure out how much to give me. My body was placed out of whack when I had my daughter. We started with the lowest to the highest for 6 month each and none of them seems to help. I still have fatigue, always cold, water retention, headaches. Then of course I also get insomina so that just adds more to my daily fatiuge, I have had to take sleeping pills to get me thru the night, but then I wake up with headaches in the morning that lad on till about noon. My next doctors visit is next month so we'll see what is next.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: duramom, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 06

It has worked for me the best I ghad my throid removed in 1989 and was in the study for throid antibodys and this levotroid has always made me feel the best!!