Levoxyl User Reviews

Levoxyl - User Reviews

Levoxyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levoxyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: TeacherGirl, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I am 26 years old. A year ago I was diagnosed with sub-clinical hypothyroidism, so we began treatment. I started with 25 mcg, moved to 50, 62.5 and am now on 75mcg. I like the tablets because they are easy to split (hence the 62.5) and the different dosage levels are different colors. That way when I increase my dose, I don't get the tablets confused. I've read some reviews with people who say they haven't had any effects or say they started sweating. In the first case, the individual likely needed a higher dose. In the later, the individual was likely on a bit too much. Some people are more sensitive to changes in thyroid supplements than others. I know I am. I am also diagnosed with anxiety, which makes me all the more prone to feeling more nervous etc when the thyroid medication is a bit too high. Although I may be able to feel the negative side effects of increasing my dose rather quickly, the positive ones seem to be much slower. Which makes sense, since you have to wait 6 - 12 weeks before blood tests will reflect a difference in TSH/T3 levels. Also, the fact that I've had to up the dose doesn't mean it hasn't worked, it means my thyroid is still degenerating (not producing enough T3). It's not meant to stop the problem, it's meant to counteract the negative effects. Hope this helps everyone.

Related Reading: hypothyroidism | anxiety

Comment from: Dianne, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 24

After 4 years on synthroid, I was put on Levoxyl. Hair loss, weight gain, anxiety attacks, indigestion, increasing breathing difficulties, and loss of sleep. Does anyone else have these problems that seem to be connected to changing to Levoxyl?

Related Reading: synthroid | Levoxyl | Hair loss

Comment from: denam, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 18

This medication has changed my life.Before I would have mood swings and have a feeling of depression. Everything seemed to be in a fog, thinking and memory.The leg cramps would have me in tears. Now I have energy. No leg cramps. Thinking and reading is clear.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 20

Does anyone suffer from sweating? I had been using 35 mcg and now I am on 50 mcg. I didn't put it together until recently but I am having sweating, especially my face and I think it is due to the increase in the meds. Does anyone else have this?

Comment from: jumping gamma, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 16

ever since i started taking levoxyl my weight goes way up then down , i guess it is okay but very frustrating. nothing in my routine has changed neither has the food I eat, other than I eat smaller portions and still gain weight. has anyone else had this happening to them, I talked to my doctor and she says it is not the thyroid problem I am eatting too much. I eat less than my 5 year old grandson. I do not eat snacks and I drink alot of water. I wish someone else could tell me if they have this same problem and if they found a way to change this, I have gained 55 lbs in the last 6 months, if you have had this problem and found away to lessen this please let me know.

Comment from: JenH, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 14

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid over 15 years ago and have been on Levoxyl ever since. I didn't know what was wrong with me - very tired, headaches, always very cold and a lot of weight gain. Once on the medication, felt much improvement - have to have blood work done 4-6 months to regulate dosage. If you are taking too much it can cause hair loss. Also, Hyprothyrodisim is an auto-immune disease. If you have one auto-immune disease, you can have others. Alopecia (hair loss) is also an auto-immune disease. It runs in my family. I also have Type 1 diabetes along with several other auto-immune diseases. So if you are experiencing problems like hair loss, have your doctor do a blood test to make sure you are on the right dosage or it could be some other reason. A few years ago, my insurance company tried to switch me to a generic with horrible results. I broke out in a rash, very tired and hair loss. My doctor nows writes, do not substitute on the prescription.

Related Reading: diabetes | rash

Comment from: Debora, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I'm 60 and I have been on this medication for about a year. Before I started taking it I felt anxious and a feeling of loosing control. Since then I have fewer bouts of anxiety. I'm on .75mcg. I don't have the leg cramps I used to either. I'm over weight and I think I've gained about 10 lbs. The Doctor I'm seeing got me up to .85mcg. I felt really good then. My blood test results indicated that I needed to reduce the dosage. Now I don't feel quite as good but still better than before. I hope this helps at lease one person. All your comments have helped me understand more about my disease and that I'm not alone in my feelings, physical and mental.