Levoxyl User Reviews

Levoxyl - User Reviews

Levoxyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levoxyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cajungage, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 26

At 45 I was diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism (TSH-56) in 6/2007. started on 88mcg. Got better, than bad again. Today I'm up to 125mcg's. I too have continued to gain weight. >30lbs. That's even with dieting. I still have zero energy, and many of hypothyroid symptoms. I feel like just giving up.

Comment from: Willowtree, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 23

I have had my thyroid taken out about 8 years ago. My Dr has not been able to keep my my thyroid leveled. I have been taking levoxyl since and recently had to have my doseage lowered twice. I am tired of all the mood swings, depression, poor appetite, weight gain, can't sleep, and hair loss. I am wondering if I can't take the synthetic drug and have to take the name brand Synthroid.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 26

The only hassle is waiting an hour to eat breakfast after I take my meds.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 15

Caused occular migraines and visual distortions (non-psychotic). switched to synthroid and these side effects from levoxyl dissapear.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 15

i Have been taking this drug for about 9 years and I have never had issues with it. It actually seemed to help me lose the excess weight i gained before getting my thyroid under control. I have never had any issues with it. I would highly recommened this drug because the transition into it for me was no problem at all.

Comment from: ccspear@netzero.net, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

Ihave more energy than I use too! I still get neck cramps, I think my weight has stayed the same. It does not make my heart race like other thyriod rx's, I do not have so many mood changes

Comment from: Deb, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 27

I have been on Levoxyl for the past 10 years after having been diagnosed with Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism) I have never had any major difficulty with the RX, after many blood tests and the balancing act of trying different levels .112 level works best for me. I am 45 and weigh 120lbs at 5'4 and no longer 98 lbs due to the Hyperthyroidism. After leaving one Dr and having to find another I was off of my Rx for 3 months I became severely hypo, gained 45 lbs had vision problems my eyes had literally swelled shut with fluid my current Dr gave me 200mcg for 30 days at which time I urinated many many times a day the excess water retention which was the weight I was carrying at the time was literally flushed out of my system. I am thankful everyday for not only this Rx but for a great Endocrinoligist. She literally saved my life.

Related Reading: Hyperthyroidism

Comment from: Janet, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I simply dont know if its working im still tired worn out and get pains down my neck

Comment from: Jlsec2004, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 30

I was just placed on this medication last month. I was feeling so bad for so long. I saw the endocronologist who said my thyroid level was at 1000!! VERY bad! She put me on this medication at 25 mi per day. I set my phone alarm for 5 am. get up, take the pill, and then go back to sleep until its time to get the kids up for school. By the time all is said and done, the appropriate amt of time has passed and I am able to eat breakfast with the little ones who stay home with me. I have not noticed anymore hair falling out, which is a problem I was having prior to the meds. I go to the gym every single day and have lost 16 lbs since December 1st. I watch what I eat, I exercise (cardio) and lift weights daily, plus I get out more with my kids to the park. Before this, I did NOTHING! I do notice that I feel a little achy in the mornings. Its a little harder to get out of bed and get myself going. I still feel tired in the mornings, like I havent quite rested enough, so Im hoping that gets better. Overall, I havent experienced any bad side affects so far. God willing, it helps and does its job and my goiter shrinks and it relieves the symptoms of the Hashimotos disease I was diagnosed with. I finally had an explanation as to why, even when I was thin, I sweat like I ran a marathon no matter what I was doing! lol

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I also noticed my hair falling out. Does anyone know if this will go away, or if it is going to keep falling out?