Levoxyl User Reviews

Levoxyl - User Reviews

Levoxyl User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levoxyl sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: None, really, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 06

I had fatigue & the foggy thinking which went away completely. I have continued to gain weight however. The only thing I don't like about drug is slight inconvenience of waiting to eat and taking vitamins and BP meds after 4 hours. After 7 years on meds, I'm very happy.

Related Reading: fatigue | vitamins

Comment from: Katy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

Severe diahrea started just 24 hrs after taking this drug. Stomach cramping, loss of appetite started within 3 days. On the plus side my hair became less brittle. My doctor has taken me off the medicine after 6 days.

Comment from: Jimbo, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

I'm 60 years old anv have been using it effectively for 3 years with no side effects.

Comment from: Sugar, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

Have been taking for 3 years. Started at 25, 50 to 75mg now. My arms stopped hurting at this dose. I take omega fish oil with vitamin D and Calcium with minerals. I take the thryroid drug at first wake up and take a shower, this really made a big difference for me. Hair loss was alot at first, but may have had reason of both parents passing away the same time I was diagnosed (stress related) I use Nexium shampoo #4 and conditioner. My hairdresser was smart to recommend it. I love it. My hair is now stable. Just a few strands here and there. As for weight, I go to weight watchers. You really need to eat like the fifties. Nowadays they plastered our diet with pizza, pasta and breads and donuts, pepperoni, creamy soups, cookies, candy, chocolate. You get the picture. I lost 20 lbs in 2 years. Yes, very slow, but I have kept it off. Once you give up sugary foods, and eat vegetables plentifully, when you do eat a sweet you used to, its awful! I grab an apple pronto! Diet is very important with any medication. Supplements should be a way of life. I love purity products, they auto deliver so I never run out. Work with your doctor, find one who pays attention to your well being overall, not just one organ. Stay educated. Above all, keep a positive attitude. This keeps your cells balanced.

Related Reading: stress | Nexium

Comment from: 'BonBon, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

This Brand seems to work better for me than the levorthyroxine generics. I take this with Cytomel which has really helped me with my achiness and other symptoms that levorthyroxine did not help.

Related Reading: Cytomel

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 27

I have just read through most of the comments from users of this drug. I have been taking Levoxyl for about 3 years. I too have been having terrible hair loss, night sweats, cramping & pain in the back of my neck and feel tired. I did not relate these symptoms to my use of this drug until I read it here. Not sure what I will do, but talk with my doctor about changing to another drug...if there is one out there with out so many side effects. Thank you for the information you posted.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 07

Its difficult to take this Med on an empty stomach but I feel like myself again & not dead tired. :) although I have gained weight since I started taking it.

Comment from: morska, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 21

When first taking this medicine it almost killed me, Tremors, high blood pressure, heart palpations, I almost had a nerveous break down, lost weight rapidly, had to be treated for anxiety severe, headaches, cold, nausa,

Related Reading: Tremors | high blood pressure