Levsin SL User Reviews

Levsin SL - User Reviews

Levsin SL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levsin SL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Selah, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I take levsin by mouth for IBS -- I also use it under the tongue for relief from esophagus/hiatal hernia problems. It works when nothing else does.

Related Reading: levsin | hiatal hernia

Comment from: bluecrab, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 27

Works super great for cramps and abdominal pain - works within minutes. I stay alert for any sign of further problems and will take a Bentyl ( which works for several hours), this will almost always take care of all abdominal problems like pain & cramps, for days to weeks or until I have another flair. I am so thankful for this, abdominal problems interfere with my life. It also helps with nausea.

Related Reading: abdominal pain | Bentyl

Comment from: ICUspecialist, 35-44 Published: December 02

This drug worked miracles for my IBS spasms n cramping very quickly, as One takes this drug by placing it under your tongue (tho they used to make a higher dosage, timed released version) If my IBS spasms acted up the pain was gone within minutes. And one only has to use 1-2 tabs (0.125mg each) as needed. I had NO side effects from this medication, only relief from the painful spasms and would recommend this drug to anyone suffering with true IBS/Irritable Bowel Syndrome. HOWEVER, I'm greatly dismayed/disappointed the manufacturer decided not to make this drug available any more this past mid spring 2008. Now I'm having to suffer very painful bouts of lower abdominal spasms (not stomach) that is more solely noted for those dx/diagnosed with true IBS +/- diarrhea/constipation by a GI specialist-Gastroenterologist; not just any type of doctor. -If suffer from a variety of stomach or bowel or both, w/varying problems like: difficulty swallowing, gastric/stomach acid reflux, pain/spasms in mid to slightly left side of abdomen, just under last rib to mid upper abdomen, is where the stomach is-not on the side or back, nausea to cramping of upper-lower abdomen, to diarrhea or constipation, you poss have more than IBS!! -See a GI specialist to do the right testing to diagnose your problem(s); not just accept the word/diagnosis w/o testing from one who doesn't specialize in disorders & diseases of the GI tract. -The GI specialist/Gastroenterologist (he/she) specializes in these disorders ranging from down the esophagus to the stomach, out to the small intestine, thru the large intestine, finally thru the colon then out the rectum. *a normal person has 60ft of intestines, which is the small n large intestines or in general 'bowels'. -There are a variety of disorders or disease processes that could affect these areas. -Diagrams+technical names, but easy to understand, of the GI system: wwwDOTafraidtoask.comSLASHbowelSLASHgitractDOThtml

Comment from: feeelzbetr, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 10

As a result of a car accident (& pending law enforcement issues), I ended up spending a month in the county's jail. A couple of days after I got out, I started having terrible diarrhea, stomach/bowel pains/cramps. This is more than I had ever experienced.I was farting/passing gas almost all day/night.It started to get a little bit more than funny (the farting part, lol).I finally couldn't stand the pain anymore;Having kidney stones in the past, the pain shot through from my side/back area to the front of me.I went to the urgent care, & thought it was kidney stones at first. They did a CT & checked my urine for blood. Nope it wasn't that;I ended up getting diagnosed with "Enteritis". Come to find out this is something that a person can certainly get while being in an institution, such as a hospital, and or jail (any type of closed community), because it comes from drinking or eating food that was/had been contaminated from bacteria or a virus. So this is an infection of the small intestine. I left the urgent care and they gave me this stuff to drink that they said would "numb" my stomach all the way through my small/large intestines. But after the blood tests came back I also got two scripts to get filled, one for an antibiotic called Flagyl 250mg and this one, Levsin. For the person that was worried because of their insurance not paying for it and worrying even more because it may not be available as generic, don't worry, it has a generic and has been for many years, generically it's called "Hyoscyamine". Now the thing that I was worried about it that terrile pain coming back & what will I do. My doctor told me not to worry because after I dissolve 1 or 2 of those tablets under my tongue, within 5-15 minutes, the pain will subside. Well, he was right.Shortly after getting the script filled I started to get another attack (cramping pain/ect). I no sooner took two of these and ALL was good! As for neg.side affects, mild dehydration, that's it,EXCELLENT MED!

Related Reading: kidney stones | Flagyl | dehydration

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

This drug completely turned my life around. It allowed me to eat without colon spasm so that I could regain my nutrition. I took Levsin 30 min. prior to eating. I was able to eat without colon spasm or pain, and gradually increase the fiber and bulk so that my diarrhea could be controlled. My life has turned around 100% thanks to my doctor prescribing Levsin. I now no longer need it. It's a wonder drug for those who need it but doesn't seem to be well known.

GI Disorders