Levsin SL User Reviews

Levsin SL - User Reviews

Levsin SL User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Levsin SL sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dizfran, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 09

I really depend on this medication. If I didn't take it, I couldn't eat and keep a meal in me. I have to try the generic because I'm going on MediCare and I don't think they or a supplement insurance will pay for it. I don't know yet what I'll do.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 07

prescribed by my physician for uncontolled vomitting caused by flu

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: jiggsup, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 23

hard to get insuranc to pay for

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 03

The first time I took it, it gave me dry mouth, which was expected. Unfortunately now that I've taken it a few more times, I find that it makes me dizzy and weak. I don't think it's been all that effective for my IBS, and the side effects certainly outweigh the benefits right now.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: golden, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 13

I have lactose intolerance. This drug was prescribed by my family doctor to treat the extreme stomach pain related to ingesting dairy products which contain lactose. I try to avoid dairy but when I make a mistake I really pay dearly in horrible stomach cramps. I can take2 Levsin 0.125 mg S/L to completely abate the cramps within 30 minutes. It is a godsend.

Related Reading: lactose intolerance

Comment from: auburnwtl, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease a year ago and prescribed Levsin. It worked wonderful at reduces cramping immediately. I was told when I went to get my refill that it is no longer on the market. If anyone knows why or where I can get it again, I would appreciate it! It's the best drug for having stomache cramping and/or IBS.

Related Reading: Celiac Disease

Comment from: martha Harnish, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

please make the cxapsules available as a choice my drug provider would not fill my preseciption for regular formula I got before ( this was a refill ) Irritable bowel sendryome (severe) Please respond! Mharnish@greenvillecounty.com

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

Within 15 minutes, cramping and colon explosiveness ceases after one pill.

Comment from: prvol, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 22

I had a rough time of it before ever taking this medication. I was afraid to be out most of the time for fear I would have an accident, this pill has been a lifesaver for me!!

Comment from: junosima, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

I have severe IBS and this medication has helped some, but I've developed thyroiditis since I started using...? related to the sublingual administration? Ever hear of a connection? Seeing my doctor tomorrow.

Related Reading: thyroiditis

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 13

I recently had my first gall bladder flare up, this was the only medication to give me relief.

Comment from: fibro.91, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

Was in hospital for pancreitis had my reg.colon. prod.I have been living with my pain since I had my colon partly removed 5 years ago. So now they put me on this med. to see if it could help relief some pain and it has, I still am suffering with Diverticulius no sure on spelling.

GI Disorders